Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Mugs from the Rendezvous in Kenosha.

Pages: 1 17 replies

Check out the finished products by Mike from the Rendezvous in Kenosha.
Please let me know what you think!
Thanks

The Zombie!

The Grave Digger!

C

SO GLAD Mike got these done - they look AMAZING!!!!!!

We've been out of town 3 weekends in a row - we'll be back down on Friday night & hope to pick-up a set :)

C

P.S. When I saw the Zombie prototype a while back, the glaze was really cool & had a blue cast to it in the spots that are darker in the picture. I can't see that in the picture at all - did that make it into the final glaze??? Cool mug regardless, but I really liked the blue-ish cast.....

On 2007-07-19 13:31, jakeanvil wrote:
Please let me know what you think!
Thanks

The Zombie!

The Grave Digger!

where can we get them? Amazing!

looks like i gotta make a trip to the rendezvous.......who else is in??

:o DANG! :o Boogedy Boo! :o SsweeetT! :o

Yo, Tipsy... I may be able to do the Rendevous.. Maholla, Bro!

C

I've got more details on the Rendezvous mugs, which are VERY, VERY cool & original!!
There's nothing like drinking a Zombie out of one of these Zombie mugs
:drink:

The mugs are all handmade beautifully & are stamped under the glaze with "Rendezvous, Kenosha, WI" on the bottom. The glazes are very nicely done with great color & sheen to them as well.

Right now 10 of each mug have been made, with more on the way from the kiln. Mike is planning to switch up the glazes in the different batches, so you'll be seeing some cool color variations as the run goes on. I am in possession of an artist proof of the Zombie with blue & green areas that is amazing, so look for some innovative colors over time. (I'll post a picture of that mug sometime soon.)

They will be numbered, limited edition mugs, with the exact number still being finalized.
The cool & ghoulish coffin mug will also come with a recipe for the appropriately-named, newly developed "Grave Digger" drink :D (ya gotta buy the mug to get the recipe) :drink:

They will be available via EBay starting in the next week or 2 - I'll post in the Marketplace forum & post a link to that post in this thread once they become available.

SO WATCH THIS THREAD FOR MORE INFO!
Add some Midwest tiki to your collection - these very original mugs are probably some of the only original mugs to come out of Wisconsin in the last 25+ years!

Mike does it all...

Two thumbs up!

croe67... I think I'm going to make a trip down Friday night... you and Rob game?

C

On 2007-07-23 21:48, Lake Surfer wrote:

croe67... I think I'm going to make a trip down Friday night... you and Rob game?

We would be if I weren't going to be on an airplane from the O.C. to SLC on Friday night after a very long week of traveling in TX & CA with clients - I don't get home until Monday night :(

If you have an idea of what time you might be arriving as Friday approaches, PM me & I'll see if Rob might be up to coming out to see you solo.

C

The first of each mug is now up on EBay - posted in this thread in The Marketplace:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=25562&forum=12&14

Happy Bidding :)

T

The zombie is a copy from a Halloween candle I bought at Walmart. I have the candle on display year round.

N

On 2007-07-19 13:31, jakeanvil wrote:

The Grave Digger!

MINE!!! MINE!!! Muahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

On 2007-09-13 14:34, tiki-lee wrote:
The zombie is a copy from a Halloween candle I bought at Walmart. I have the candle on display year round.

You are correct, that candle was used as one of my four references when I sculptured it.

T

I googled searched zombie candle and got this. I can't wait to get a mug when the prices come down.

C

so will these ever be available at the bar or on ebay only?

On 2007-09-19 12:59, hala bullhiki wrote:
so will these ever be available at the bar or on ebay only?

Eventually they will be available at the bar. As of right now I only have a few finished products to supply the ebay auctions.

Pages: 1 17 replies