Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC. Web page

Pages: 1 20 replies

All right everyone. I have started on the Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC. Web page. The url is http://www.marylanddctiki.com/

So before is start to put a lot of junk up on the web. Could you please give me some feed back on what you would like to see?

Past and future events
Photos of same
Member profiles
Drink recipes
Photos of home bars
Chat room
links

I know everyone has an idea of what they would like to see. So help me out with some of your ideas so we can get this thing up and going.

Thanks for your help
Carroll

:drink:

[ Edited by: powerofthetiki on 2003-01-28 17:23 ]

T

Hey, what you've got there is fine with me!

I'd recommend replacing the chat room with a message board, but otherwise I think the content looks great.

101!

C

I think it's great. Perhaps a message board vs. a chat room would be easier... It's a great idea and thanks for doing it.
Please let me know what I can do to help.

Ok the message borad is a go. Here is the direct link for now http://marylanddctiki.proboards2.com/. I will add a link from the web site when every thing is up and running

Carroll

[ Edited by: powerofthetiki on 2003-01-29 07:56 ]

[ Edited by: powerofthetiki on 2003-01-29 17:27 ]

J

On 2003-01-28 17:22, powerofthetiki wrote:
Could you please give me some feed back on what you would like to see?

Past and future events
Photos of same
Member profiles
Drink recipes
Photos of home bars
Chat room
links

Yes. All sound good!!!

A

where were y'all for the past 5 years I lived in Arlington, VA, desperately visiting Politiki at 5PM before the frat boys showed up!!!??? I moved to L.A. to get some good tiki and now it looks like I'm missing out on some East Coast fun! Oh well!!

Dang! Yeah! I left D.C. in 1995 (okay... a good 6 or 7 years before there was any kind of Tiki Scene there). Where were you then? I'da stuck around, perhaps, despite the Carjacking and the Break-In.

What can I say but I have come out of the closet. I’m a Tikiphile and proud. Annalulu and Traitor Vic you are more then welcome to come back. Stop by and take a look around the web site and message board when it is finshed.

Aloha! Just a quick not to let you know the the web site is up. Not much content as of yet, but I hope to fill it up soon. Any feed back would be great. :D

http://www.marylanddctiki.com/

[ Edited by: powerofthetiki on 2003-02-04 18:52 ]

A valiant effort! Maybe one day EVERY state will have again, in lieu of a Tiki Bar, a Tiki website.
Designwise I like the solid bamboo background. Yet my eyes just cannot get used to the typeface of choice. I find it hard to read, and stylistically more looking like "Lord Of The Rings/Heavy Metal" than Tiki.

Thanks BIGBRO for your input. It is a starting point and I hope only to to make it better

[ Edited by: powerofthetiki on 2003-02-04 21:19 ]

Made some changes. I hope for the better

Carroll

[ Edited by: powerofthetiki on 2003-02-04 22:48 ]

T

Yeah nice job on the website powerofthetiki, I just bookmarked and registered on the site. I'm only a few hours north of DC so I'll keep a watch on the goings ons!!

J

The site is looking great since I visited last! Was proud to see the pics of my bar! I'll supply you with current photos whenever I get a free moment!

J
jtiki posted on Fri, Feb 7, 2003 8:29 AM

In the way that threads do ...

Karasu 99, Johntiki and I have been talking Balt/DC tiki shopping under the "munktiki" thread. I thought I would move my post over to here.

I'd gone out last weekend to run a small errand and realized that I was across the street from a Goodwill store and decided, that in the spirit of JohnTikis post, I would saunter on in and have a look at the aloha shirts and the glassware offerings. Simple enough

But, then I kept recalling other little stores I had seen in the area. Next thing you know, its a thrift store safari and I end up visiting three Goodwill Stores, one Salvation Army (where the displays are a little nicer, the glass prices higher, the shirts prices a little lower), and two other second hand stores. All of them were near by (what does that say about my neighborhood?)

For my efforts, I purchased one cool, but hardly vintage shirt with a black and white tribal motif. In the very last store, I found 4 matching tiki shot glasses. I considered buying them just to claim a victory in the endeavor, but passed - they weren't that interesting, a little overpriced, and I'm trying to keep my obsessive acquisitioning more surgical rather than comprehensive. But it was fun and it is only a matter of time before I hit the Bel Aire stores.

j

PS – I suppose we ought to add pictures of Politiki and Honolulu to the MD/DC/VA web site, so as other know what we’re nattering on about.

Ok!! The Maryland, Virginia, & Washington DC. is up and running 100%. Stop by and take a look a round and tell me what you think.
http://www.marylanddctiki.com

I enjoy the feed back

Carroll :drink:

[ Edited by: powerofthetiki on 2003-02-19 23:10 ]

Site is looking great - and you even included the recipe for the Pi-Yi (the house drink here at the Pi-Yi Lanai!)
:D

T

Nice web site! Enjoyed looking at the home bars. The drink tips are good ones, especially the one about dilution by melting ice being the key to a good martini. I often make martinis in a pitcher - they get very cold and dilute well. I tried the "everything in the freezer" for a while but didn't like the results. Your tropical drinks recipies are good too. The classic drinks (Mai Tai, Zombie, etc.) seem to be the original recipies.

Thanks for the feed back thejab. I tryed my best to find the original recipies. I hope I can make the list bigger and better.

Carroll :drink:

Powerofthetiki

[ Edited by: powerofthetiki on 2003-02-20 15:41 ]

Pages: 1 20 replies