Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

help with a PUB TIKI item

Pages: 1 13 replies

I searched the threads and couldn't find much on Pub Tiki. I found this single salt shaker at a junk shop along with a single pepper shaker from the Kona Kai. I think the salt shaker is from Pub Tiki. The font looks right but I'm not sure. Can anyone help with an I.D. Thanks.

Here's a pic of the shakers lined up for inspection after dusting detail.

Holmes, your deductions are amazing! :lol: Sorry, I do not know anything about Pub Tiki. However, I would have snapped that shaker up in an instant too.

Some yahoo has an auction for three Pub Tiki mugs. Starting bid is $200. :roll: He must really like those mugs.

Thanks NoNaMe. Both shakers were side by side. Only one of each. Sometimes you gotta wonder how this stuff migrates and ends up where and how it's found. Gotta love it.

That "pub" typeface is definitely of pub Tiki origin....never saw those shakers before. Did you check in Tiki Quest?

Hey Bigbro, that's the first thing I did. No luck. I checked the threads next and then on to Tikiroom with no luck. Maybe I can find a postcard with the tables set in it and check tath out.

Ooof! I meant 299.99. Wowzers!

yep. I checked that out today. I bet he dosen't have the pepper shaker I need.

And by the way the shaker has an oval foil tag marked "JAPAN" on the bottom. That should narrow the search down a bit :roll:

shakers always seem to be the most difficult piece to find from long-gone polypop places (unless they sold them as keepsakes). i'd say you have quite a find there, and would suggest scouring the local thrift stores around the place you found it. i'll be the first to admit that i once found the headhunter stockton islander mug at one place, and weeks later find the lid to it taped to a three faced islander bucket mug at another thrift store. it would be well worth your time to try to locate the other half.

and could one of you guys please provide the link for the pubtiki auction? i'll fess up, im drinking and cant find it. which is probably a good thing in this state.

Thanks Tikicleen. I've been back on the trail at least three times a week around at least four of my haunts each time. No luck yet. Sounds to me that there is not allot of info about Pub Tiki to be had. I hope to score an interior pic sooner or later and get out the old magnifier for a looksee. Thanks again.

I have a pair of these salt-n-pepper shakers from the PUB TIKI, I have not seen many of them at all ever. I found my set at a Flea Market in Jersey near Philly where the Pub Tiki was located. Mine are in great condition with no stoppers though...Does anyone have a pair like me? and what do think they might be worth. I paid $3 for the pair if I recall..any imput would be great! Mahalo!

Could you post a pic?

M
Murph posted on Wed, Jul 25, 2007 2:24 PM

BINGO! Well thats a positive I.D. on my lone shaker. Thanks Murph

Pages: 1 13 replies