Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

new tiki , sneeky peeky stained & ready to mojo

Pages: 1 11 replies

So the last one took so f~ing long because of the amount of detail , I wanted to go primitive on this one . I'm also going to try a real dark mahogany type of stain . Maybe glossy . . . . we'll see .

[ Edited by: mike-stobbe 2007-07-24 14:39 ]

[ Edited by: mike-stobbe 2007-08-06 09:27 ]

M

Mike, Me Likey! Mahogany finishes tend to not share the details (esp. Glossy) unless it is kept in a dark and forboden place...like a basement bar with disparaging lighting.

Beautiful so far man. Keep us up to date.

I see a bunch of pre-infantiles lying around....Here that's called "TikiUnborneousneglectess maximus"

There must not be laws concerning this disturbing behavior.

Mahalo

McTiki

B

Mike Stobbe! Where ya been, man? Come to one of our Chops sometime!

Your dude is looking good.

Nice work!
But what the hell did you do to the guy behind the logs!?

I've been busy being mister domestic , I need to get back in the swing and go to some chops , indeed

That guy was the last guy who was helping me husk those fuckers . . . he expired !

B

Can't wait for the next pix to see the "primitive things" :)

Benjamin.

this weekend I'm going to maybe torch it a little to get some hilights , then stain it .

I think I'll start with a medium dark one , but not super dark . . . I'll post pictures .

Okay here he is in all his dark & ominous glory . . . I think it's kind of too dark maybe , but I wanted to see how dark I could go , and then try to bring it back a little with sanding & stuff . Next time I'm going for a lighter dark brown tone . With the right lighting he would be very spooky .

Also if anyone is interested , those two big fellas behind him in the first image are now residing in my alley . Anyone who want's them can come get them . P.M. me if you have a truck and a big friend .

[ Edited by: mike-stobbe 2007-08-06 09:35 ]

B

Woah, More Nice stuff there mike. I really love the natural one in the last picture, Really Cool.

Thanks man , I think I need to experiment with different shades of dark & light on my next one . or sand it differently , or something . . .

S

of course i likes it! im a finknik! heheh good work dude! i like the dark, its different, and sometimes being different is what makes you stand out! just look at me.

B

WOW
Beautiful stuff.

Benjamin.

Pages: 1 11 replies