Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Waitiki on VINYL....

Pages: 1 8 replies

Here it is, folks, ohana,

The Professah, and Mistress Helenini, just returned from Okonkuluku where they just spent the month communing with Plamingoes, sipping Mai-Tais, eating Poi and malasadas, joined me this afternoon for the cracking of the seal of the first vinyl. Of course, this was accompanied by the mixing and imbibing of one Missionary's Doom, one Shrunken Skull, and one Rum Barrel.

Having been present at all phases of production of this album, except the mastering and manufacturing, I must say that this is a high quality pressing. No expense was spared in the production! Graphics, fidelity, the whole package! You can really hear the difference between this and the CD. The CD is great, but there is something about a needle in a groove that makes the music come alive.

And now a word from the Professah:
Only a haiku can describe my affinity for the album:

'Mingo Flagoda,
I love this god damn vinyl
Mai Tai? Rum Barrel?

For those not in my "Poetry of M. Flagoda" class at Okonkuluku University, a traditional haiku is three lines, with each line having 5, 7, and 5 syllables, respectively. [I am now accepting reservations for the Fall run of the Flagoda Poetry course - email [email protected] if you are interested in attending this semester.]

Sing a song of six coconuts with Helenini:
"This is my first and ONLY vinyl that I own, and I have to say that this is impressive stuff. You will be blown away by the sonic booms in the bass and mesmerized by live bird calls in the background. The sizzle and the 3-D quality of the vinyl medium contributes beautifully to the true essence and "real-ness" of exotica; You will truly love it!"

OKONKULUKUUUUUUU!
=TMoX

Where's the best place to order this LP?

Jeff

Do I have a chance in hell at driving somewhere tomorrow, and personally purchasing this album (in time for playing it in my lounge at my party on Sunday)?

I'd love to hear this incredible record spinning on my crappy turntable!!!
(it'll already be playing outside in CD form)

Fingers crossed.

Hey, Granite,

I will be in Lowell tomorrow night, and if you're not gigging, and want to meet up, I will bring a copy with me. I will be in Lincoln, MA on Saturday as well. I think that's North. not sure really.

Let me know either way! And thanks for your interest!

On 2007-07-26 03:45, Jeff Central wrote:

Jeff

You can order directly from our site:

http://waitiki.com/rendezvous-in-okonkuluku.cfm

We are also set up to ship now. Thanks for your interest!

-TMoX

PM has been sent!

S

On 2007-07-26 11:58, The Mayor Of Exotica wrote:

On 2007-07-26 03:45, Jeff Central wrote:

Jeff

You can order directly from our site:

http://waitiki.com/rendezvous-in-okonkuluku.cfm

We are also set up to ship now. Thanks for your interest!

-TMoX

Greetings from a fellow New Englander ( CT ) in Japan . Would you post to Japan ?

I see that you guys play the Lizard Lounge . I've been there . My buddy Jerome - original drummer with Morphine - plays there just about every week with somebody . Yea , I'm a drummerboy too !

Aloha ,

John

Greetings to you, as well! We ship anywhere there are planes, trucks, donkeys, or plamingoes available to carry packages to. We have already shipped to UK, Australia, and Europe. Why not Japan? Postage and handling charges will apply, but that's to be expected.

IZ

Just ordered my vinyl copy. I just couldn't live with myself, not having Waitiki on vinyl!

~glen
http://www.jetsetplanet.com

Pages: 1 8 replies