Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Ocea Otica's 1st new mug available, editions of 40,SOLD OUT

Pages: 1 23 replies

Hello all,
My 1st new Ocea Otica mug Torembi is available for purchase.

Those of you that were around here in 2003 may have seen my earlier mugs, made under the monicker Ona Tiki, the Zombie (moai), the Pohaku a a Ipu, and the Coltrane, as well as Evil Mastermind's Lama Akua and Hugo.
That company is long since gone, and those mugs are no longer in production.

and now Torembi:

Torembi is approximately 7 1/4" tall and holds approx. 10 ounces. It comes with a numbered edition card.
Glaze and detailing will vary a bit from mug to mug, as I hand detail some of the cracks differently and hand glazing results in different thicknesses, so each mug is truly an independent work of art. Each color has an edition number of 40. So when they sell out, thats it. There are approximately 25-30 of each color left, so I will contact the first to reserve. I may be a little slow in contacting people as my schedule is a bit jammed right now. For those interested, contact me at [email protected].
The three colors are Canoe Prow Brown, Yam Mask Yellow, and PNG Red.
The Reds and Browns are $32 each, the Yellow will be $34 each, plus shipping and handling. When you email to reserve please mention the color edition you are interested in.

Thank you
Forgot to mention, when you email me at [email protected] with what mug you want, please include your mailing address.

Aloha kaua

[ Edited by: oceaotica 2007-08-27 07:25 ]

:D SsweeetT...OceaOtica Torembi! :D Ona Tiki mug designs arising from da ashes!!! :o

Thank you to everyone who has already ordered.
I forgot to mention that the Yam Mask Yellow edition is much more beautiful in person. The picture does not capture the brown wash like glaze that sits in the detail over the yellow, and that it is a spotted glaze.
To give you a little background on this mug, Torembi is a village in the Sepik region of Papua New Guinea. This mug is based on a carved house post that frames up the entry way to a home, and like many of the carvings that come out of that region it is meant to represent an ancestor.
I still have some of all the colors available.
Thanks

[ Edited by: OceaOtica 2007-07-29 22:04 ]

Ordered mine. Great looking mug!

I received my mug on Saturday. It's just fabulous. Strangely enough, I have a mild obsession with the Sepik region of PNG.

Slacks, Thanks again!
Tiki Kate, i just messaged you on your page to see if it had arrived, so glad you are happy with it.

Great design. Nice to see something new in a mug.

cass, i'm so glad you're making mugs again. i have 2 'ona tikis i really dig and the zombie moai is at the top of my wishlist. torembi looks great. i can't wait to pick mine up oasis week.

Thanks Kings,
i will see you when you are out in Los Angeles.

T

I haven't got my Torembi's yet but I love my Tumbuna!

Here's some locals with Tumbuna, Special Edition, Kate & Granite Tiki

It's huge & beautiful!

Can't wait to get my Torembi's!

Tikisgrl

O

Thank you again to everyone who recently ordered. Yam Mask Yellow seems to be the crowd favorite.
If you contacted me to reserve a mug and have not received a responce please email me again at [email protected]
I took down a few peoples info but accidently erased a few email addresses.
Tikisgrl, your mugs are en route and should be in your hands in the next couple of days, hopefully faster than your contest prize Pink Coral and Black edition Tumbuna was.
Thanks again

[ Edited by: OceaOtica 2007-08-01 21:38 ]

p.s.
any of you guys notice my Zombie (moai) mug in the Zombie Zamboree photos in Beachbum Berry's Sippin Safari?

T
teaKEY posted on Thu, Aug 2, 2007 4:01 AM

yes. Stuckie from Munktiki has one in his collection that can be seen @ http://www.ooga-mooga.com. I think that was the first time that a lot of us saw that mug. That mug looks a lot bigger than I thought.

Right on Cass. The mug looks great.

Cass' moai zombie should be googled over, drooled and lust for ..... hands down the favorite mug in my collection. If it were Packed full of ice I might just be able to finish a drink and not puke.

-s

Torembi looks awesome! I'm looking forward to future mugs from your new/reformed company.

T

My Torembi's arrived today. What can I say, the mugs are beautiful. The pictures do not really do justice to the actual mugs when they are in your hands. I hope it's not too sacrilegious to drink Diet Pepsi out of a tiki mug? Thanks a lot!

Tikisgrl

K
Kitty posted on Tue, Aug 7, 2007 6:01 AM

Mine arrived yesterday... gorgeous!!

T

My mugs arrived yesterday and they are so much nicer in person than in the pics.
Mahalo, mahalo, mahalo!

O

Hey thanks everyone, glad to know they are all arriving safely. As you can see I pack them well. As a collector who has lost too many ebay mugs to poor packing skills, it is my intent that no one goes through the pains of opening a box full of ceramic shards.

Got mine! It's gorgeous.

T

Yellow Yam Mask Torembi, lucky #13, arrived yesterday. It now sits proudly on the mug shelf. Thanks for a great mug! For those who haven't gotten one yet, now's the time before they're gone!

R

i got my brown and yellow one today!!!awesome,quality ,mugs..
mahalo

Just received my yellow Torembi today. What a hefty mug he is! And the liquids taste mighty fine out of him too.

Thanks for a great mug Cass.

Chris (LED Tiki)

Chris,
I knew it would be there, even though it was a day past usps' estimated arrival date.
Thank you to everyone who purchased a Torembi, your support allows me to continue with the craft.
Torembi is now sold out.
Thanks again
P.S. There are a couple of folks from TC that reserved some mugs, but have not gotten back to me. I am still holding your mugs, so drop me an email please. Thanks.
and for those that asked at Oasis, Tumbuna will be available in the next few weeks

[ Edited by: OceaOtica 2007-08-26 11:52 ]

[ Edited by: OceaOtica 2007-08-26 11:56 ]

Pages: 1 23 replies