Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Lodging Options for Oasis?

Pages: 1 15 replies

S

Hi Everyone:
Does anyone from the San Diego area (or who knows the area well) have any suggestions for lodging alternatives to the Crown Plaza Hotel that are less expensive and nearby?

Thanks!
Suzanne

On 2007-07-29 13:29, suzanne wrote:
Hi Everyone:
Does anyone from the San Diego area (or who knows the area well) have any suggestions for lodging alternatives to the Crown Plaza Hotel that are less expensive and nearby?

Thanks!
Suzanne

There is a Motel 6 right next door. Probably booked though. And about another ten hotels in Mission Valley. Google "Hotel Circle San Diego" or Hotels in Mission Valley San Diego.

EDIT: What I meant was Google "Cammo".

Signature? I ain't signin nothin!

[ Edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2007-07-29 16:52 ]

C
Cammo posted on Sun, Jul 29, 2007 4:11 PM

Well, since you asked...

Premier Inns, 2484 Hotel Circle South 800 711 6676 or 619 291 8252
Three doors down from the Hanalei, 89.00/night for 1 Queen bed. This is a huge, 4-story slightly run down 60's hotel. Similar to Red Roof Inn, has a nice small pool.

Vagabond Inn, 625 Hotel Circle South 800 571 2933
Right across from the Hanalei, 124.00/night for 1 Queen bed. This is an old 60's Tiki A-frame hotel. In very nice shape, tropical, has 2 pools! Ask for the East Wing, it's actually 2 hotels that are under one management now, the East side is better.

Travelodge, 1201 Hotel Circle South 800 578 7878
Across from the Hanalei, 119.00 for 1 Queen bed. This place has a classic steakhouse and piano bar attached; it's a huge, clean hotel.

Welcome Inn Motel 1550 E. Washington 619 298 8251
Beside San Diego's trendy Hillcrest area, and directly across from a 50's diner. This place is a Spanish-style 1920's hotel on a small hill overlooking the roadway. Bright, breezy, slightly worn, but the best deal in town. $60/night for 1 bed, $70.00 for 2 beds. Depending on traffic, can be five minutes from the Hanalei, no kidding.

California Suites Hotel $105.00/night
5415 Clairemont Mesa Blvd. 800 562 2217
Beautiful little gem with a tropical theme. Beside Hwy. 805, 7 minutes from the Hanalei. Actually has Tiki masks at the front desk, water fountains, pool, very quiet, nice free morning breakfast. Ask for Matthew, the manager.

Balboa Park Inn $99.00/night
3402 Park Blvd. 619 298 0823 or 800 938 8181
Beside Balboa Park, a little cottage style place with just 16 rooms. Decorated with antiques, special theme rooms, San Diego’s secret little honeymoon hotel. Every room has a different price, but $99 specials are sometimes available. About 10 minutes from the Hanalei.

Lafayette Hotel $109.00/night
2223 El Cajon Blvd. 619 296 2104 or 800 468 3531
San Diego’s big getaway resort in the 1930’s, it’s a bit run down now but still swanky. Johnny Weismueller designed the pool. The Red Fox Room is their original retro steak and highball club downstairs, now a piano bar, the décor was imported from a 16th century English castle! (Hunting the red fox, get it?) About 10 minutes from the Hanalei. Check out their website.

Wow, Cammo, you're just a WEALTH of lodging info!! With all of those other hotels for so cheap, why in the HELL did I book the Hanalei for $170 per night?

...because they won't let you in to the marketplace unless you are staying there!

C

And because it's within stumbling distance of CheekyGirl's room bar!

Come to think of it, everybody should just wear their room number masking-taped onto their backs (you know, like baseball tryouts) so when they all pass out we know where to deposit the bodies.

Otherwise things could get confusing, real fast...

Yeah, people all rummed up, stacked like cord-wood in the halls. That could get interesting. Let's make sure we bring a dolly or a wagon!

S

So awesome, I knew I could count on the SD Ohana to help me out! Thank you! See you soooooon!

Suzanne

C
Cammo posted on Mon, Jul 30, 2007 8:09 AM

Gosh, just glad we could be helpful, Suzy Ma'am. Shucks, them flowers of your'n are awful purdy!

Hey Cammo, gotta say thanks for all the info. I was going to book Sunday night at the Red Lion, but they wanted $179.00 or something. I got into the Premier Inn for $75.00. I owe you a Mai Tai - Jason

Hell, with all you saved, you could buy us ALL a Mai Tai!

C
Cammo posted on Mon, Jul 30, 2007 2:44 PM

Thanx, pal!

And -

I'll have Billy's, he'll be extremely busy with Bosko that day.

H

On 2007-07-29 22:02, Tiki Lee's wrote:
...because they won't let you in to the marketplace unless you are staying there!

The "Hotel Guests Only" rule applies on Saturday. Sunday is open for everyone. Of course anything good will have already been snatched up on Saturday.

Oh, by the way, you might have to remind me about the Mai Tai, as, well, you know, I may have had a few by the time I run into you. I can see it now I'll have 100 people coming up to me going "Hey, remember that drink you said you were buying?"

On 2007-07-30 14:44, Cammo wrote:
Thanx, pal!

And -

I'll have Billy's, he'll be extremely busy with Bosko that day.

ACK!!

S

On 2007-07-30 08:09, Cammo wrote:
Gosh, just glad we could be helpful, Suzy Ma'am. Shucks, them flowers of your'n are awful purdy!

Aww, Thanks! Come and see me on Sat, I'll be vending!

Suzanne

Pages: 1 15 replies