Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Gecko/Cevola at Tiki Oasis Mugs Available

Pages: 1 12 replies

Back in 1983 Frankoma Pottery burnt to the ground. The fire destroyed all of the tiki line molds. Only one small tiki salt shaker survived the flames. 24 years later Joniece Frank and I have become close friends. She has given me that shaker and also we share the copy write to the Frankoma Tiki line.

Our Friendship began when I sent her photos of a bowl I had made using her famous war god design. You can see that bowl on my out dated web page http://www.claytikis.com.

Starting this year I've been working with Joniece and Gecko to bring back the War God using my sculpt, Gecko's experience with ceramics and glazes and Joniece's valuable critiques. We are ready to begin sales of the first War God in Hawaiian Honu (Turtle) Glaze. Our second release will be Alii Gold (Black with Gold eyes and teeth)which can be pre-ordered but not shipped until they are completed.

All total there will be 175 mugs total produced in 7 colors or 25 of each spaced out over time. That means at most 23 of each color will be for sale.

The limited editions cost $125 plus shipping. If you are interested in a mug you can contact me here, I have the green mugs ready to go. They each come with a numbered card with a photo of the mug and signed by Joniece Frank, Gekco and myself. We also went to the expence to put together a color brochure telling the history of the War God, Frankoma, Joniece and how we are all working together to produce these limited editions in Hawaii.

I would process sales on a first come first serve. I am going to Tiki Oasis 7 so I am cutting off shipping on August 8th until we return. I will be bringing an example of the mug to Tiki Oasis and it can be seen at Dr. Tiki Mojos table.

The rough grey cracked right out of the volcano mug is called
Kissed by Pele it is sitting in a matching Gecko bowl it is a special order through Gecko at [email protected] speak with him concerning cost.

First limited Hawaiian Honu Glaze mug #4 - #25 for sale.

Second limited edition Alii Gold Glaze can be ordered now but there is a 3-4 week wait while Gecko produces them in Hawaii.

The all color brochure is EIGHT pages long counting the outside covers.

The back of the mug is my way of saying thank you to Joniece who's original design is loved by all.

This is a family effort, Joniece, Gecko and I.

Thank you for looking, Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2007-08-04 15:15 ]

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2007-08-29 18:55 ]

[ Edited by: martiki 2007-08-30 22:55 ]

Hi everyone, I get up for my day job at 5 am so I'm signing off now, I'll check back for personal messages tomorrow. Thank you for such a fun night! Wendy

HOK

Another Great collaboration,Can't wait :) Freddie

i'd like to see gecko put that cool lookin treasure craft style glaze and finish on the war god mug thatb he has used on past mugs...the 2 glazes you got on there now ain't doin it for me...good to see this project happening though.

I love the Honu glaze, looks awesome.

T

It seems so strange to see these kind of mugs coming out. You (DAnlovestiki) and Notch bringing the most desired mugs back from the grave. These mugs are holy grails for most tiki collectors and something that we all want but probably would never get. Kinda like that light at the end of a long tunnel that we were are never to reach but the hope was always dangling in front. The drive. And those original mugs are still there too.

I'm sorta with Tipsy that the colors aren't for me and I think the reason is because I'm so use to the bold red and muted brown. Really some of those original mugs are ugly but the rarity makes them desirable.

I like the Gecko version tons. It looks like the God is only in the middle of the bowl with different tikis flanking the outer side of the bowl.

What is the scale of this mug? And how does it compare with an original mug in size??

I love the drive and collaborations that is going on. The only thing better than one tiki artist is two (or more). That is what I have been waiting for, and its happen a great deal now.

T

Doulbe Posty

[ Edited by: teaKEY 2007-07-30 10:48 ]

Aloha Wendy!!! Don't know about the others Wendy & Co. but i LOVE that green glaze!!! I've been looking at green glazes for a short run of my 'Cryin' Tiki' mug from that old Duncan mold I got, I'll be postin' a few pics soon and some news of a great 'Golden Ticket' giveaway for POCKETIKI #3!!! There's a clue in there somewhere.

I'll have to save some pennies and see if I can't get one of these from you guys! Keep up the great work, this is one killer collaboration you have there!

Say hello to Dan for me and tell him I got the new 'Hula Honey' centrefold sorted...She's gorgeous!!

Take care - Trader Jim (Make mine a Mai-Tai in a FRANKOMA War God mug!).

Stoopid Trader Jim!!! I forgot to mention the bowl...Mainly because I'm speechless! No...really I am!!! That is truly awesome Wendy. Truly! Awesome!!

WoW!

Love & kisses - Trade Jim xxx

Wow Trader Jim, if I can get love and kisses out of a bowl I'm going to make a tiki bathtub next, that doesn't come across right. Thank you for the inspiring message, Wendy

It's such a privilege to be a part of the project that brings Joniece Frank of Frankoma Pottery back into the mainstream.

I will be selling these mugs at Tiki Oasis 7. I will bring the Green version, the Black and Gold will have a pre-pay order sheet. I'll be at Dr. Tiki MoJo's table.

First come first serve as far as acquiring the numbered mugs. Photos just do not do them justice. Each one hand made in Hawaii by Gecko. Each one is unique.

See you there, Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2007-08-08 17:37 ]

Hi I'm back from Tiki Oasis where we had the very best time. I got to meet in person so many friends who I'd met through eBay and Tiki Central. It was a hug fest. I was totally surprised to have my bro Gecko show up. Tiki Tony let us set up with him to sell our tikis.

Now that I'm back I have some Frankoma mugs for sale. You can reach me through the personal messages. Enjoy the photos, W
endy

Hi Friends and Collectors, Gecko is in the process of making a special limited edition of the War God just for Forbidden Island. We will have a release party there hopefully in November. If I have any of the Honu green War Gods left I will also bring them along. We are still taking orders for the Kissed by Pele version and the Black and Gold version. Thank you for looking, Wendy

Pages: 1 12 replies