Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Up for auction is a high quality TIKI necklace

Pages: 1 5 replies

Up for auction is a high quality, Tiki necklace which is just one of six unique designs I am offering! We have personally strung it with coconut beads, boars teeth, and a specially made, hand carved, mahagony Tiki pendant. We personally went into the Ifugao, Luzon highlands of the Philippines (where the local tribes were once headhunters) and commissioned a local carver that I have done business with over the past few years to carve these pieces. We created these with inspiration from classic Tiki pendants that we found in Sven Kirsten's Book of Tiki. He also procured the boars teeth for us cleaning, polishing and drilling each one. The coconut beads are also handmade and come from the island of Cebu further south in the Visayas.
I will post my tiki necklace every once a month.
Thanks for viewing and have a nice day.
Mahalo,
Here is the link:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmari_carlQQhtZ-1

[ Edited by: Rattiki's_Wahine 2007-08-08 17:59 ]

I can't believe you would charge $9 for shipping for your necklaces.

Just an observation.
Robertiki

T

Its 9.99 to my house but the price of the necklace is only $.01 so it all balances out. At the moment it would be 10$ for the necklace with free shipping.

R

On 2007-08-05 11:54, Robertiki wrote:
I can't believe you would charge $9 for shipping for your necklaces.

Just an observation.
Robertiki

We do it that way to keep the outragous ebay charges down, so the total price is only $10 for a quality item I personally custom procured in the highlands of Luzon, I would say that is a deal! :wink:

T

Plus, he used to sell them on TC for $15, which is still a great price. The one I bought is still one of my all time favorites. Not many people know how to do it up right with the beads and the teeth.

On 2007-08-05 18:19, Tiki-Kate wrote:
Plus, he used to sell them on TC for $15, which is still a great price. The one I bought is still one of my all time favorites. Not many people know how to do it up right with the beads and the teeth.

Thank you Tiki-Kate I'm glad you like it so much.

You know my husband guess-timates that it cost us aprox. $4 each for all the parts to make these. This does not include the two trips up into the Luzon highlands we made in July '05 & Dec '05 to order and procure the Tikis, nor the time my Mom spent finding, buying and shipping the coco beads (which come from Cebu and are only available at fiesta time in my village), nor the aprox 1/2 hour each it takes me to hand string them, nor the ebay cost, the paypal cost or the S&H costs. So in the end (my husband says almost dictating this over my shoulder :wink: ) it is just about a give away at the $10-$15 price! :D

Pages: 1 5 replies