Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Thursday Aug 16th Shuttle on Open Air Double Decker Bus to the Bali Hai & Tour featuring water taxi

Pages: 1 5 replies

Aloha. We had a great time last year with the bus shuttle & tour. This year, we are adding some adventures in paradise, a water taxi ride from the Bali Hai to a new tiki bar at the Marriot Hotel's pool, which features a waterfall and tropical paradise scene that you wouldn't expect to see in the downtown/seaport village area.

The open air double decker bus will have exotica music cued up on our stereo and we plan to leave the Crown Plaza en route to the Bali Hai on Aug 16th, beginning at
415pm. The trip takes approx 25 minutes, so we anticipate later pick-ups being
in these time frames -

Approx 5 pm Pick up at the hotel
6 pm
7 pm
8 pm - 830pm
9 pm - 930pm

Return trips from the Bali Hai will be done every 45 - 60 minutes...
The Tiki Oasis staff will also know the status of when the buses are expected.

The water taxi ride across the bay will feature the new tiki bar at the Marriot.
Plan to be on board the 4:15pm shuttle from the hotel or by the back dock at the Bali Hai at 4:45pm. Note- The water taxi may sell out. You can send in payment an also save 2 bucks per ticket. Contact [email protected] for more info.
Costs are -

$16 for just the round trip shuttle
$34 for the shuttle and water taxi tour.

On Friday, the 17th, we also plan to do a fun tour in the beach and bay areas. Stops will inlcude lunch/drinks at the China Inn, the Crystal Pier and its colorful hotel, shops with tiki merchandise, Paradise Point's tropical bar and the Catamarran Resort. $26 cost includes 2 drinks at 2 of the stops. Lunch & drinks at the China Inn are not included The Friday tour will run from 1:30pm - 5:30pm.
Note- We need 25 people signed up to make this Friday tour happen.

Sea/ya in SD!

Cristin will be in the hotel lobby selling tix; Ask for Where You Want To Be Tours

N

I've been on a few of Where You Want To Be Tours' tours and always had a great time. The double decker buses are comfortable and give a great vantage point to seeing San Diego. Marc knows San Diego and San Diego Tiki better than anyone with the possible exception of Bosko on the Tiki side. They have great music (Martin Denny, Arthur Lyman, the Martini Kings,the Mai Kai Gents and others) as you ride along. Reserve your seat ASAP, as I'm sure they will fill up.

Nicktiki

C

I plan to go on the Friday SD tour if I'm not too hungover!

Aloha! I'm looking forward to going on another fun adventure with Where You Want To Be Tours. A bunch of us did their Tiki tour last year and can't wait to see what they're planning this time around. Marc is Mr. San Diego and knows all the great hidden spots and his wife Darlynne is from Hawaii so it doesn't get much better!! See you in San Diego!

For those of us who sent checks in for tix for the shuttle to Bali Hai on Thursday will we receive the tix in the mail or will they be with our registration packet when we check in??

For the shuttle and tours, we will have a master list of checks received
and we will be in the lobby of the hotel on Thursday from 330pm - 515pm, where you can get tickets to the shuttle to the Bali Hai and/or tour tickets. We can give you your tickets on Thursday between 330pm and 515pm.

We also plan to email or call everyone, to confirm we received your reservation.

If you send us a private email with the name on the reservation, we can also respond directly to you.

Pages: 1 5 replies