Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tikis in computer game - Dead Head Fred

Pages: 1 0 replies

I

I'm not a computer gamer, but I saw a notice for an upcoming game from a company named IGN, which will have some tiki elements.

The game is titled 'Dead Head Fred' and it appears to be a mix of film noir, science fiction, and a zombie film. The following, from the game's website, is a brief synopsis of the game

Fred Neuman, the main character of Dead Head Fred, is left for dead one night without his memory, friends or his head. Fred finds himself stranded in the town of Hope Falls with a jar that holds his brain and eyes sitting atop his body. Looking for revenge against his enemies, Fred uses his fists and his heads to get past the twisted denizens of the town, which include mutants, zombies and the occasional "normal" human being. That's right, Fred has the ability to take off and swap his jar for a number of specially enhanced heads that grant him new powers.

One of the heads he can swap with is a tiki head. Here is the website's bizarre description of the tiki head, which is also referred to as a 'mutant head'

The name of this head is a little misleading, since there's no real head behind the hand-carved facade. What we have here is actually a wooden mask crafted in a primitive Polynesian style. This is the preferred headgear of the deadly Witch Doctors. The Tiki Head has many uses above and beyond its attack and defense features. For instance, in the summer it provides excellent facial protection from the sun's harsh rays, and in the winter, it makes a wonderful sled for the kiddies.

Here is some of their 'tiki strategy'

With the Tiki Head equipped, interact (Triangle button) with Tiki Totems and you'll find yourself in a Tiki World. Creepy as it may be, these worlds help you take shortcuts or help you stay on the path. Always remember that the Tiki Totem you enter will lead to another one and you can always return by entering the last one you exited.

And finally, here are some screen shots from the game ....

More information on the game can be found here ..
http://psp.ign.com/articles/810/810503p1.html

Pages: 1 0 replies