Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Pirate treasure chest speakers

Pages: 1 9 replies

TZ

This weekend I put out an "all hands on deck" call for help in getting the roof on the outdoor tiki hut we are building. One of my friends showed up with a surprise - he built two pirate treasure chest speakers for the day we finally complete the project. He found two decorative chests at a craft/home decorating store (Hobby Lobby, I think)and turned them into speakers. Wonder if we could put a false top in one and have it open with some pirate booty spilling out?

Brian the speaker king shows up with his creations:

Waiting for the day they can belt out some tiki tunes:

A look inside:

Even installed a nice hookup in the back (I'd probably just have pigtailed a couple of wires.) Gotta' love the craftmanship.

Love 'em!

Great for booty music, too!!

rimshot

I REALLY dig this idea! I know this is an old post but I still have to leave a comment. I am currently building an outdoor tiki bar that will also have a fair share of pirate vibe too. Really hip. I have some outdoor speakers that look like carved tikis but I want to add another pair and this would be a great way to do it! I might make a sub out of one of these treasure chests to keep that low end pumping from some Martin Denny tracks!

Hummm.....I love these and they would look great on the pirate ship, can I borrow your idea?

Amy

TZ

It would be my greatest honor for any idea of mine to find a home at your fantistic tiki wonderland.

On 2010-01-30 12:23, Queen Kamehameha wrote:
Hummm.....I love these and they would look great on the pirate ship, can I borrow your idea?

Amy

I think it's so thoughtful of you to actually ask before you borrow a person's idea. I've personally been ripping everyone's ideas off without asking permission. Maybe it's 'cause I'm so good at begging for forgivness.
BTW: Cool Speakers.

It's easier to get forgiveness than permission :P

Nice speakers

BT

That's an awesome idea :) I want some.

Would be cool to see them all painted up so they look like old wood and rusty metal.

I wonder how it would work if the speakers were mounted facing up inside it, so you'd have to open the lid to hear them.

On 2010-02-01 18:29, Slacks Ferret wrote:

On 2010-01-30 12:23, Queen Kamehameha wrote:

Amy

I think it's so thoughtful of you to actually ask before you borrow a person's idea. I've personally been ripping everyone's ideas off without asking permission. Maybe it's 'cause I'm so good at begging for forgivness.
BTW: Cool Speakers.

Slacks...yes, I try to always ask and no one has ever said no.... so far.... lol and these have major cool!

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2010-02-02 09:50 ]

S

Nice. I agree a little aging would be nice and there is definitely room to put a false top in so you can fill it with treasure. Would not take much to build a little tray and add some rests for it to the sides.

Pages: 1 9 replies