Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

tiki lamps from Little Brittany-France

Pages: 1 10 replies

Since we decided to organise a tiki party for our wedding(it was on saturday 4th august!)my husband spent his time in his working room so as to make several tiki lamps.He made a hawaiian-tahitian mix,used plumeria flower,gecko,leopard fabric...If you could give us advices or simply tell us what you think about,it would be great!!!

(sorry for my poor english !!)

I was present to this wedding, and I saw the lamps !!
I really surprise by this realisations.
I hope that his work could interesting many people.

Before this, he make some other lamps with another theme.
You can see it at http://bartemon.net/wrapper/index.php?file_wrap=pageapat.htm

He also organize rockabilly's parties name CRAZY LEGS : http://www.crazylegsparty.com/
Just take a look !

He work with his hands and move his feet !

H
harro posted on Tue, Aug 7, 2007 7:08 PM

Wow - awesome lamps!!! what are the tikis made from in some of those lamps?

it must have been quite a wedding - any other pics of the decorations?

please post more!

cheers,
harro.

tikis are made with polyesther resin and exotic wood all arround.When I was younger,I used to build pleasure boats(for Olivier de Kersauzon,for Florence Artaud,for Alain Gautier,for Loïc Peyron...)and thanks to what I learnt,now I can make anything I want with sillicon and resin.
The wedding was on saturday and did not have the time yet to put the pic in my computer...

wow!!- kick ass lamps! the work you do around the actual tikis is the key! you may have already posted this info, but what are they going for? (if you make more, of course) silcone and resin?? sounds like you could make just about anything. cooool!!!

V
virani posted on Thu, Aug 9, 2007 3:09 AM

Great lamps. Congrats and welcome to TC.
Edit : I don't see on the website how to get a lamp ? Do you sell them ? Do you make custom lamps ?

[ Edited by: virani 2007-08-09 03:13 ]

until now,I made some lamps for my friends...Never sold any lamps in another country than France!...Don't know at all the way to sell in another country than mine...
Did you have a look at the links my friend "Rockinbart" gave in his message?That's another kind of lamps I use to make (as I am a rockabilly fan!...)
As I am alone to make the lamps,I only make a few of them in a year...Sometimes,I'm able to spend a lot of time in my working-room and some other times there is nothing in my mind and I'm unable to make anything!!!
I will ask the way to do at the post office and will tell how to manage...
Very happy for the congratulations!thanks!

Pour expédier en France,il ne devrait pas y avoir trop de problème puisque j'y vis!!!En Bretagne!!!portable:06 65 22 09 65
To send to France there shouldn't have any problem as I live in France,in Little Brittany!

Those are beautiful!

here are the pics of the last lamps that I made for my wedding decoration.(I've put some pictures of the wedding party in "tiki events in the world"if you want to have a look...)

B

WOW, I'm very impressed.
I was in Brittany (Carnac) in the early july and I was searching for tiki bars but found unfortunately none.

Very beautiful lamps and nice ideas to put the tikis with the different kinds of lamp together.

Benjamin.

Pages: 1 10 replies