Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Best Fake ID where ?

Pages: 1 40 replies

S

My wife , daughter and I will be going to the Big Island next March . Mika is 19 now and will be 20 in February . The drinking age is 21 in Hawaii , so I'd like to purchase a fake ID for her that shows she is 21 . I can assure you that she won't be driving a vehicle or getting plastered , but I know she'd like to sip on a Mai Tai or whatever when we go out for dinner . In Japan she has already had drinks in bars and restaurants as they are much less strict here . and she looks 20 , which is the legal drinking age . Anybofy got any recommendations ? I've heard that most of the US sites selling fake IDs are a scam or ripoff .

H

You can get a mai tai for yourself and she can share it with you and with your wife as well...I don't think anyone would mind at all.

J

I think the ABC would mind if they catch you. By letting a minor drink your alchoholic beverage in a public restaurant or bar, you're putting the establishment that serves you at risk of a citation, as well as yourself and your daughter. I'd rather not see you risking the future of fine tiki establishments by breaking the law in them.

T

On 2007-08-07 19:29, JenTiki wrote:
I think the ABC would mind if they catch you. By letting a minor drink your alchoholic beverage in a public restaurant or bar, you're putting the establishment that serves you at risk of a citation, as well as yourself and your daughter. I'd rather not see you risking the future of fine tiki establishments by breaking the law in them.

Actually in a lot of states it's perfectly acceptable by law for a parent to order a drink and allow a minor to consume it under their supervision. Not sure if this is the case in Hawaii, but it's certainly worth having a look. It could save a lot of time and trouble if you just order the beverages yourself.

TT

S

Thanks for the replies .

I don't wish to get anyone in trouble , obviously , which is why I thought I'd get her a fake ID . The establishment certainly could not be penalized if they proofed someone and was shown an ID that was not obviously fake ...could they ?

T

On 2007-08-07 19:53, sushiman wrote:
Thanks for the replies .

I don't wish to get anyone in trouble , obviously , which is why I thought I'd get her a fake ID . The establishment certainly could not be penalized if they proofed someone and was shown an ID that was not obviously fake ...could they ?

It's cool that you are trying to teach your daughter to drink responsibly. I don't think a fake ID though is a very good idea. Your best bet might be to ask our Hawaiian Ohana if it is indeed legal to allow your daughter to sip from your drink.

Culturally speaking it's perfectly acceptable for any Jewish child old enough to hold a wine glass to have a taste at a Friday Night Service. No one ever carded me!

Tikisgrl

MT

I think you'll find that we're all well over the legal drinking age here on Tiki Central. I haven't had to use my fake I.D. for what, like.... a year now?

J

Well, assuming that I'm reading this correctly, then it appears that you may, in fact, provide an alcoholic beverage to your minor daughter in Hawaii, even in a public place. But she will not be allowed to purchase her own. I stand corrected.

S

On 2007-08-07 20:39, JenTiki wrote:
Well, assuming that I'm reading this correctly, then it appears that you may, in fact, provide an alcoholic beverage to your minor daughter in Hawaii, even in a public place. But she will not be allowed to purchase her own. I stand corrected.

Thanks for that ! I knew somebody on TC would come through !

On 2007-08-07 20:04, Tikisgrl wrote:

Culturally speaking it's perfectly acceptable for any Jewish child old enough to hold a wine glass to have a taste at a Friday Night Service. No one ever carded me!

Tikisgrl

In looking at that documentation JenTiki provided, not even religious events constitute as an exception.

S

Yea ...Looks like I'm back to the fake ID .

J

I think if you read the right parts of the documentation, you'll see that the checkmarks indicate allowable exceptions to the law that prohibits providing alcohol to a minor. Therefore, religious observance and having alcohol provided by a parent are exceptions to the "no alcohol for minors" law. So it should be okay.

Hey Sushiman!
What a dumb fuck way to red flag yourself.
Wake Up!

S

On 2007-08-07 22:39, Unga Bunga wrote:
Hey Sushiman!
Wake Up!

What on earth are you on about ?

S

On 2007-08-07 21:55, JenTiki wrote:
I think if you read the right parts of the documentation, you'll see that the checkmarks indicate allowable exceptions to the law that prohibits providing alcohol to a minor. Therefore, religious observance and having alcohol provided by a parent are exceptions to the "no alcohol for minors" law. So it should be okay.

Legal mumbo jumbo always confuses me , but I read it as furnishing is prohibited in all states , but there are some exceptions in some states and these are indicated by a PLUS + sign . So , Hawaii is no bueno methinks .

For Location and Family variables, a indicates the conduct is permitted only if both a Family exception and a Location exception are satisfied, e.g., a parent is present AND the conduct occurs on private property. A indicates the exception is not conditional on another exception being satisfied, e.g., a parent is present regardless of whether the conduct occurs on private property.

On 2007-08-07 22:48, sushiman wrote:

On 2007-08-07 22:39, Unga Bunga wrote:
Hey Sushiman!
Wake Up!

What on earth are you on about ?

In English, this is the wrong place for illegal activity.

FUCK OFF!

On 2007-08-07 21:55, JenTiki wrote:

Oops - I meant to indicate for California there are no exceptions. For Hawaii, yes, it looks like there are exceptions.

Anyone in HI want to weigh in on what the local law is enforcing?

[ Edited by: Haole'akamai 2007-08-07 23:29 ]

TG

You might find this map to be of interest.

Yep, the website's page on Hawaii(click to HI on the drop down menu) does seem to answer it. Your daughter can drink in a private location with her parent's or guardian's supervision, but the underage girl cannot have more than a .02 b.a.c. if tested. And fake IDs are prohibited, irregardless.

It would seem to indicate you will have to leave your daughter out of the tastings when you head out.

[ Edited by: Haole'akamai 2007-08-08 10:05 ]

O

You can also pretty much assume they won't card, and won't ask, at hotel bars and such, and not worry about it.

A family is not usually an issue, whereas a gaggle of spring breakers of about the right age usually is.

Use your judgement, use caution, and be prepared to put up with the legal ramifications if you get caught.

If worse comes to worse, get drinks in the hotel bar and head back to the room. At that point, it's HIGHLY unlikely anyone will say anything, or care.

S

Once again thanks to the folks who have provided helpful info and didn't castigate me for starting this thread in the first place .

Mika is not too concerned about whether or not she can enjoy a tropical alcoholic drink at Don The Beachcomber's or wherever in Hawaii . All she said was that she would like to try something like a Mai Tai once when we go out for dinner or sit at the hotel bar . It's not an issue that is preying on her mind , as she rarely drinks alcohol .

Arigato !

Sushi

H

:) you are welcome.

M

Aloha,

I can throw in my two cents...

Not sure exactly how the Big Island is, but here on Oahu, every place is very strict. If you are in a tourist area, you will be carded if you look under 30. Many late night spots card everyone, no exception. I had a 40+ year old friend who couldn't get into a bar because he didn't have his ID on him.

Whatever you do, don't go the fake ID route. Way too many possible problems! I hang out at Duke's in Waikiki a lot. There, if a bartender/server is caught serving a minor, or accepting a fake id, he looses his job on the spot, no questions asked. I've seen it happen too many times. Also, if the bar wants to be difficult, they can just call the cops, and then your problems are much worse! At Duke's, to eliminate any chance of serving a minor, they (and some other places) have gone to the one drink per person rule. Every person must be present at time of purchase and each can only get one drink at a time, so its difficult to even try to buy one for someone else.

The Liquor Control Board is also pretty strict. I was just at the Shack in Hawaii Kai last night(more of a local place than tourist), and the LBC came in and did a sweep for under age drinkers.

On a slightly similar note, I know the Big Island is cracking down hard on DUI's, and they have been doing a lot of the late night checkpoints.

S

On 2007-08-08 23:30, Mo-Eye wrote:
Aloha,

Not sure exactly how the Big Island is, but here on Oahu, every place is very strict. If you are in a tourist area, you will be carded if you look under 30. Many late night spots card everyone, no exception. I had a 40+ year old friend who couldn't get into a bar because he didn't have his ID on him.

Hehe...I got proofed the last time I was in MA and NY - a couple of years ago - and I was 40+ ! Wacky Amerikay !

On 2007-08-08 10:02, Haole'akamai wrote:
Your daughter can drink in a private location with her parent's or guardian's supervision, but the underage girl cannot have more than a .02 b.a.c. if tested.
It would seem to indicate you will have to leave your daughter out of the tastings when you head out.
[ Edited by: Haole'akamai 2007-08-08 10:05 ]

The BAC level applies to the operation of motor vehicles by persons under 21. Not pedestrians/passengers. She can get crocked. She just can't drive with booze on her breath.

The private location is the main thing. Can't be a public establishment unless possibly, I guess, it's in a private party/reception (e.g., a banquet room at a hotel). Probably not though. Otherwise, hotels would be known for hosting lots of father/son beer chugging festivals. I haven't heard of any lately.

The way I read it, Soosh, she can join you when you're in your hotel room or out visiting friends at their homes but not when you are at a restaurant.

On 2007-08-09 12:42, The Gnomon wrote:

The BAC level applies to the operation of motor vehicles by persons under 21. Not pedestrians/passengers. She can get crocked. She just can't drive with booze on her breath.

Not true. BAC can be used in Public Intoxication cases, as well.

HK

Holy shit, talk about stupid.

BTW - anyone know where I can get some good weed?

S

On 2007-08-09 15:46, Haole Kat wrote:

Yea , I know some illegals down in St. Pete who have some A grade smoke man . Let me know .

S

: )

On 2007-08-09 13:49, Haole'akamai wrote:

Not true. BAC can be used in Public Intoxication cases, as well.

I was basing my assessment on:

• Underage Consumption of Alcohol
    Consumption is not explicitly prohibited, and

• Blood Alcohol Concentration Limits:
    Youth (Underage Operators of Noncommercial Motor Vehicles) BAC limit:

0.02 – a BAC level at or above the limit is per se (conclusive) evidence of a violation.
    Applies to drivers under age 21

Although I guess it doesn't apply to underage operators of Commercial motor vehicles :)

Is it just me, or is this whole thread one big advice column on how to do something illegal? I'm no saint...but this just seems stupid.

K

Regardless of the state you are in, I think providing liquor to someone considered underage is called contributing to the deliquency of a minor. Additionally, bartenders can be held responsible for serving liquor to a minor, fake ID or no.

Unga Bunga is a god.

[ Edited by: Kitty 2007-08-10 12:30 ]

J

On 2007-08-10 11:37, Matt Reese wrote:
Is it just me, or is this whole thread one big advice column on how to do something illegal? I'm no saint...but this just seems stupid.

Actually, I believe if you read through the first couple pages, you'll see that most of the posts have advised against doing anything illegal. The advice has primarily been to find out what is legal and work within those laws. Yes, the original post was asking about how to do something illegal, but I think you'll find that no one has actually answered the original question.

On 2007-08-10 12:30, JenTiki wrote:

On 2007-08-10 11:37, Matt Reese wrote:

Actually, I believe if you read through the first couple pages, you'll see that most of the posts have advised against doing anything illegal. The advice has primarily been to find out what is legal and work within those laws. Yes, the original post was asking about how to do something illegal, but I think you'll find that no one has actually answered the original question.

Yep, we're interested in finding out what Johnny Law enforces (and I specifically pointed out that fake IDs should not be a definite no-no). I'm not judging, just saying...

S

I guess I've been in Japan too long ( 22 years next month ) ...Over here , one can drink legally at the age of 20 . Before one reaches the age of 20 , one can drink in a restaurant or other public place when under a parent's or guardian's supervision ...In 21+ years in Japan I have never seen anyone get proofed ...Sure , some kids take advantage of this lack of enforcement , but honestly , we don't have a big problem with underage drinking in Japan . Beer and other liquors are still sold in street vending machines for chrissakes ! One of legal age can drink just about anywhere inc. public parks . One can actually walk down the streets of Tokyo drinking sake or beer ...

I now recall being back on Long Island a few years ago and walking from my parents front yard - which is 200 yards from the beach - down to the water for a swim carrying an open can of beer . A cop stopped and informed me that I could be arrested for walking the streets with an open can or bottle of an alcoholic beverage . I was ordered to return home and finish the beer . Oh , and I was perfectly sober at the time .

At age 40+ I have been proofed twice in the USA - once at an amusement park in Mass., and the other time at a restaurant at the Smithaven Mall on Long Island . Now , I do look young for my age , but this is ridiculous !

So , despite my aforementioned experiences , and being accustomed to the laws and their enforcement ( or lack thereof ) in Japan ( where I have spent the vast majority of my adult life ) , I must admit that when I started this thread I underestimated the seriousness of obtaining and using a fake ID in the Land Of The Free . After all , in a country where an adult can be arrested for standing on the side of the road in front of his or her house sipping on a beer ...

Geez , maybe the Hawaiian police are monitoring this thread , and my daughter and I will be under surveillance during our one week stay ?

[ Edited by: sushiman 2007-08-10 16:45 ]

MT

Yeah, in the land of the free, people make a huge effort to save us from ourselves, 'cause lord knows, we just can't be trusted to control ourselves. And their efforts obviously work, becuase absolutely none of us on Tiki Central, or in the good ol' USA, have EVER tried alcohol before age 21, or whatever the legal limit was.

"It's Mai Tai. It's out of this world." - Victor Jules Bergeron Jr.

[ Edited by: Mai Tai 2007-08-10 19:15 ]

Also, the "minor" that is served alcohol can sue the establishment if said minor is involved in an accident due to intoxication.

The legal guardians of the minor can also sue.

At least I think so. Seems like one can sue for anything.

Ahhh, the American way!

Signature? I ain't signin nothin!

[ Edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2007-08-10 17:34 ]

O

On 2007-08-10 17:33, Mr. NoNaMe wrote:
Also, the "minor" that is served alcohol can sue the establishment if said minor is involved in an accident due to intoxication.

The legal guardians of the minor can also sue.

Ahhh, the American way!

And we all believe that trying an "adult beverage" under the age of 21 is exactly the same as smoking an illegal prohibited drug. :P

S

On 2007-08-10 17:22, Mai Tai wrote:
Yeah, in the land of the free, people make a huge effort to stop us before we hurt ourselves, 'cause lord knows, we just can't be trusted to control ourselves. And their efforts obviously work, becuase absolutely none of us on Tiki Central, or in the good ol' USA, have NEVER tried alcohol before age 21, or whatever the legal limit was.

Ambrose: America is turning into a nanny state
June 13, 2007

Jay Ambrose

It pretends to care for us, tucking us in at night, a smile on its lips, compassion in its eyes, but then, as our trust grows, it puts a pillow over our faces. Though we writhe and kick and try to shout, we find ourselves being smothered to death.

I speak of the nanny state, which also happens to be the title of a book by David Harsanyi, a Denver columnist I recently met, a pleasant fellow whose unpleasant message is that the country is jam-packed with people wanting to tell us how to live our lives even when our behavior affects no one but ourselves.

You don’t want to go along with them? Too bad, because time and again they are successful in getting the government to make you shape up at penalty if you don’t — for your own good, of course.

One much-discussed instance of coercion for the sake of rescuing us dummies from ourselves are the restrictions on smoking in bars and restaurants, even though most bars and restaurants are nonsmoking to begin with and no one is forced to spend time working or relaxing in one where tobacco fumes circulate.

People who read this also read:
Garcia: Board is wrong address for Ed Jew
Dickey: Barry Lite can't save the Giants
McCain urges free trade with Latin America, more pressure on Cuba
Stocks Plummet on Soaring Bond Yields
U.S. Nuclear Envoy Visits North Korea
The do-gooders want to go much further, of course — many would like nothing better than to have the government dictate what kinds of hamburgers you can consume. And wait — is that a coercive glimmer in their eyes when they snarl about all the sugar and calories packed into Girl Scout cookies?

In New York City, Harsanyi’s book informs us, you can get a court summons for having a bag next to you in a subway, feeding pigeons or sitting on a milk crate. I think you get the picture.

Let’s make a few observations, beginning with the obvious point that the premise of the nanny state contradicts the basic premise of our democratic republic — that we citizens are self-accountable, rational and perfectly capable not only of caring for ourselves but, through our election choices, of governing the nation in which we live.

The premise of the nanny state is that we lack the capacity to cross streets safely without some intellectually and morally superior government official holding our hand.

The objective of the nanny state is to force us to behave properly for our own sakes, which is impossible to do as a matter of law and regulation without abridging our freedoms to choose the way we will live as long as we don’t hurt others. It is, of course, true, as the old saying goes, that my freedom to swing my fist ends where your nose begins.

The nanny state crowd would have you believe that any harm to ourselves is a harm to society, the argument being that even some sort of amorphous, distant, possible social cost is sufficient reason for regulation.

Wiser heads point out this formula is often false (my early death would save the government Social Security expenditures), that regulations themselves can be deadly and that totalitarianism is excused by this way of thinking.

The nanny state is a kissing cousin of Big Brother, the kind of government that always keeps an eye on you, ready to fix you if you ignore it. And even before it goes that far, it is a diminution of our humanity; it robs us of our dignity as self-deciding moral agents, and in doing that, it strips away a fair portion of what lends life meaning. It puts a pillow over our faces.

T

On 2007-08-09 15:46, Haole Kat wrote:

Say it ain't so Josh! Say it ain't so! Wished you guys were at Hot Rod Hula Hop.

On 2007-08-10 17:22, Mai Tai wrote:
Yeah, in the land of the free, people make a huge effort to save us from ourselves, 'cause lord knows, we just can't be trusted to control ourselves. And their efforts obviously work, becuase absolutely none of us on Tiki Central, or in the good ol' USA, have EVER tried alcohol before age 21, or whatever the legal limit was.

I had my first Mai Tai at the Lahaina Inn in Maui when I was 14. It was actually Aunt Mary's Mai Tai. After a long lecture on the definition of a perfect Mai Tai (which the one she was holding was supposed to be), I talked her into letting me try hers (I laid a guilt trip on her for boasting about it and then not sharing—hee hee). I gulped it down and it was the best, in any language. She and Aunt Sheila freaked 'cause they thought I'd just take a sip. I did leave about a third in the glass. Back then they were serving them in tall glasses (15-16 oz?). Took the edge off my incredibly painful sunburn though. That was a fantastic day!

Anyway, I can sympathize with people who allow their kids to have a drink once in a while under their supervision. The gub'ment is always trying to "help" us to live "better" lives. There was a time when you could spank your kid to discipline them. When you did, they might not understand yet why (eventually they would), but they were careful not to walk down that path again without weighing the consequences. I bet just about all of the most respected members of society were spanked at some point as kids. Now if you spank a kid, thanks to the gub'ment, the kid ends up in foster care 'cause the parents get arrested for child abuse. Only in America (the United States thereof to be specific).

I had drinks from time to time as a kid and look at me. I turned out OK. Hold on. Gotta get the phone. I think it's my parole officer. Yep. Gotta go now. Catch you on the flipside.

Pages: 1 40 replies