Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

End of Summer Luau in Allentown

Pages: 1 20 replies

Attention mid-Atlantic TCer's:

I am having an end of summer Aloha luau on Saturday, 1 September in Allentown.

Start time is 3pm. We will again have a full roast pig:

I hope you can join me and the other ohana as we bid Aloha to summer:

PM me for directions or to sort out transportation. Also the spare rooms in the house are on a first come first serve basis.

Matt

That sounds like a good time... the pig looks great. Hope you have a great turnout!

It's been a little time since I've been back home (formerly from State College). I'm hoping to make it up sometime this year to visit mom, friends, and maybe catch a PSU home game if possible.

-adrian

http://www.rumreviews.com

[ Edited by: MobileTikiBar 2007-08-09 11:35 ]

R

Adrian,

If you're going to be in the area just let me know and you guys can stop by for a cocktail or two.

Matt

Hey Matt,
It's probably too late for this party, but in the future, you should see if you can design something that combines tikis and hex signs.

:wink:

R

Pennsylvania Dutch Tikis?

Der Tikimann

Amishtiki

Mennonitiki

R

FYI - Swimsuits are optional!

Ok Matt, I got it.

First, classic PA Dutch Hex Sign staple, the Distelfink:

combine it with classic tiki drink, the Dr. Funk.

And viola! The Dr. Distelfunk!

I would do some kind of cool image, but I don't have mad photoshop skillz.

..sb

On 2007-08-09 10:36, rugbymatt wrote:

I hope you can join me and the other ohana as we bid Aloha to summer:

Aloha to Summer???? If you moved to Southern Californitiki you would have to bid Aloha to Summer :wink:

WooHoo,

Don't rub it in. At least our numbers here in the Valley are growing (4 now!)

See you on Wednesday, my flight gets into LAX at 10:15 am. We'll rip it up in LA that night and then off to Tiki Oasis on Thursday mornin'.

On 2007-08-09 17:48, Suffering Bastard in Maine wrote:
Ok Matt, I got it.

First, classic PA Dutch Hex Sign staple, the Distelfink:

combine it with classic tiki drink, the Dr. Funk.

And viola! The Dr. Distelfunk!

I would do some kind of cool image, but I don't have mad photoshop skillz.

..sb

Eureka! Gentlemen, I give you "The Dr. Distelfunk":
Take 2 oz. dark rum (Myers, etc.), 2 oz. of spiced rum, 1/2 oz. lime juice, and 1/2 a can of Pennsylvania Dutch brand Birch Beer combine over ice and stir.

Pass the word along to other mid-Atlantic ohana who can make it to the Lehigh Valley on 1 September.

After the great time last weekend at the NETT I am really psyched about the upcoming luaus this Saturday (Allentown) and next Saturday (NYC).

K

I had such a good time at NETT that my husband and I decided to crash your luau. See you tomorrow!

Cool, the more the merrier. I'll vacuum the spare-spare-spare room and put out fresh towels.

Thanks to RugbyMatt for the fine hospitality. Here are a few pix of the luau. Unfortunately he's not in any of them--sorry!

Martiki-bird, Velveteen Lounge, Kristiki

CaptainQuad, Martiki-bird, Looie Kalua

The guest of honor

R

Mahalo to all of the ohana who made the trek to Allentown for making the luau such a great time.

K

Thanks for the great time! Best party I've ever driven 7 hours to attend.

Matt, we had a great time at your party - thanks! We forgot our camera at home, though, so we don't have any pix. But many happy returns, and we'll take some next time.

B

Hey Matt,

Sorry we didnt make it. Had some family stuff come up & wound up staying home all weekend (everyone is fine, everything is cool now). Hope it was a blast & post some pics so I can see what I missed out on.

Hi Matt,

While I couldn't be there physically, I drank spirits in honor thereof. Looks like a great gathering was had! Hope to see you again soon at another Tiki occasion. Great to meet you on the bus!!!

Your honor,

Just order the new CD, can't wait to give a listen.

Pages: 1 20 replies