Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Now Playing at Don the Beachcombers in Kona

Pages: 1 6 replies

The Tikiyaki Orchestra.

Yea...I tracked down the manager, gave him the CD, and told him what it was about. Literally 5 minutes later I heard it playing in the restaurant...he came over to make sure I did. He also said he was going to speak to the owner and give him a CD so they can play it at the Lahaina Restaurant in Maui too.

What a great guy.

Lemel, I doubt if you're reading this, but Mahalo anyway !

Now the CD has really found HOME. :)

Woo !

Congratulations, Jim, that must feel great! Let's start a "Tiki Lounge Sounds Support Program" where nice but Exotica-ignorant Tiki bars get a free Tikiyaki CD in order to enlighten them in their decisions for their soundscapes. You would go broke, but you would have done a good deed!

Well maybe not :)
But I wanted you to know that on Friday me and my lovely mate Naomi were listening to your CD while perusing my advance copy of Tiki Modern and found it a most appropriate soundtrack. And that even though you can't perform at the book launch in September, we want to book you for the book signing we are planning to have at her store (8-ball) in your lovely home town of Burbank, once I get back from Europe in late November.

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2007-08-12 11:18 ]

T

On 2007-08-12 11:16, bigbrotiki wrote:
Congratulations, Jim, that must feel great! Let's start a "Tiki Lounge Sounds Support Program" where nice but Exotica-ignorant Tiki bars get a free Tikiyaki CD in order to enlighten them in their decisions for their soundscapes. You would go broke, but you would have done a good deed!

Well maybe not :)
But I wanted you to know that on Friday me and my lovely mate Naomi were listening to your CD while perusing my advance copy of Tiki Modern and found it a most appropriate soundtrack. And that even though you can't perform at the book launch in September, we want to book you for the book signing we are planning to have at her store (8-ball) in your lovely home town of Burbank, once I get back from Europe in late November.

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2007-08-12 11:18 ]

YEA ! I'd be honored. I'll speak to the troops (there's 8 of us so far!). I'm sure they'll all be down. I go there to buy my issues of Tiki Magazine. It's a minute away. Great place !

BTW....I offer up my CD to any tiki establishment, so those of you with Tiki restaurants/bars, email me and you'll get one for your place.

Sven, on a funny side note.....

I went to a film composers symposium a few weeks ago. Mark Mothersbaugh was speaking on one of the panels. Afterwards I gave him a CD (figureing he'd be the ONE guy speaking there who would appreciate it) and guess what he told me.....

You should give this to my friend Sven Kirsten, he'd be interested in this. :D

Are we not men ? We are T I K I

Ha! That's great! Mark Mothersbaugh was indeed an early Exotica fan and admirer of Martin Denny, seeing him play live in Hawaii several times in the early 80s, and composing the soundtrack to Peewee's Playhouse based on Denny's music.

Oh, P.S.: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=23654&forum=1&vpost=297854

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2007-08-12 19:04 ]

That's great news Tikiyaki!!!!

I gave a copy to the Tropical Bistro in Columbus, Ohio and it gets heavy airplay over there. They love it!

Also, we gave away your CD's at the Hot Rod Hula Hop and gave it heavy rotation during the festivities.

It's always nice to support your own!! :)

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

T

On 2007-08-14 13:05, Jeff Central wrote:
That's great news Tikiyaki!!!!

I gave a copy to the Tropical Bistro in Columbus, Ohio and it gets heavy airplay over there. They love it!

Also, we gave away your CD's at the Hot Rod Hula Hop and gave it heavy rotation during the festivities.

It's always nice to support your own!! :)

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Mahalo Jeff !

How was the Hula Hop ?

It was INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Here is a link to some pictures............

http://www.fraternalorderofmoai.org/huimalu/viewforum.php?f=9&sid=aa437a7a5064c850af674d083782615c

Just go to Hot Rod Hula Hop 3 photos.

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Pages: 1 6 replies