Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Shag print for sale

Pages: 1 8 replies

Hello fellow tiki collectors.

Here is my story....I purchased this print from The shooting gallery, San Francisco.
The gallery show was called The merchant of venace. This print was on display from june 9th till july 7 2007.

I purchased this print 5/25/07. I recieved this print after the show ended 8/20/07
That is when all hell broke loose. This print is 40 inch by 40 inch. 3.4 feet by 3.4 feet of a naked lady. My wife hates this print. Do i have to say anything else.

Looking to sell it for what i purchased it for 1200 plus shipping and insurance.

I will not place this on ebay. If any wants this print contact me via email [email protected].

Item: Nude "Lilac" 07 SHAG
Edition: 1st
Acquired From: Shooting Gallery SF
Number 2/5
Note: Archival Digital Print on Canvas. Signed, numbered 2 of 5.
Size: 40 X 40

[ Edited by: Tikisurfrider 2007-08-13 11:32 ]

S

First post to TC and you want to sell a Shag " print " for $ 1200 ? Of course you are welcome to do so , but ...

Good luck. I like the painting, but that's too much kala for me.

Jesus Christ....oooops, is that relig tone?

Love, Mrs. Boo

N

I recieved this print after the show ended 8/20/07
That is when all hell broke loose.

You received it next week? I'll buy last year if you'll hold it that long.

I have a fairly large Shag collection, and have sold some on
ebay over the years. My suggestion is to list this print on ebay,
as it probably won't appeal to the TC crowd as it's not tiki related.
Also, I wouldn't count on gettting $1200 for it, as prices lately
have been going down. Just my 2 cents.

I have a friend that bought one of those from the original - not advertised - showing in Orange County. He turned around and sold it the next day on ebay for $1500 (buy-it-now). His was 1 of 5, not 2 of 5, so I don't know if that made a difference. I bought one too, but have no plans on selling it.

T

We bought the Saffron giclee from that show. When we went to the opening of the show and saw it in person for the first time, the color was nowhere near the ("Saffron") color on the Shag website. It was orange. The canvas also had obvious nicks and dings. It was a treat to meet Josh and Piet that night but a let-down in terms of Saffron. Justin ended up selling it to someone else I guess.

Maybe Shagmart will reactivate their consignment page. It might be worth contacting them about it. Lacking that, you could ask Justin at the Shooting Gallery if he can put interested parties from that show - in touch with you about it.

T

What does Hell look like when it breaks loose ????

Pages: 1 8 replies