Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Tiki Oasis Sale Preview: Buzzy's stuff-cheap tikis,prints,pendants,logs, auctions, and junk update

Pages: 1 10 replies

Here is the first installment of what I will have for sale at Tiki Oasis this year. I'll start with the tiki "collectables."

Mugs and cups:

HIP stuff:

Coco Joes stuff:

Fork and spoons in every size

Random Hawaiiana

More random stuff:

Treasure Craft and ashtrays:

More later, including stuff I actually made...
Buzzy Out!

[ Edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2007-08-15 11:08 ]

shit man , the stuff you're getting rid of would make most people's collections weep and run away .

MStobbe: It's the thrill of the hunt for me. All this accumulation of stuff is just a corollary of my Hemingwayesque tiki game hunting lifestyle. I'm cleaning out my trophy room because I'm going to be on a tiki hunting safari all winter and I need to finance my travels around the globe. Wish me luck!

Now on to today's first product update:

Hawaii wood tikis:

Hawaii wood cups:

Most of the stuff I posted yesterday and today is in the $3-10 range, with only a couple notables over $20.

If you find that the prices of carved tikis are out of your reach, well then I have the solution for you! This years House of Buzz product line features do-it-yourself tiki carving kits. For a mere $5-10, you may purchase one of these kits to carve your very own tiki in the Tiki Oasis Carving Village:

We'll be in the parking lot from Friday-Sunday, all day, carving away. If you would like to carve your own tiki, come by and buy a log. Logs are available on a first come, first serve basis, and I think there are about 15-20 pieces still available.

Also, on Saturday, there will be an auction in the carving area. I am placing this tiki in the auction:

I carved it back at the June Chop at Babalu's house. Tiki Lee will be the auctioneer, and I will offer this at an opening bid of $20, with no reserve. If only one person likes or wants this, then he/she will walk away with a great bargain! Many other local tiki artists will have things up for auction too. I forgot what time the auction is on Saturday, though. I'll go back and edit this when I find out. See you guys there!

More stuff later!

Buzzy Out!

Last year, my booth was right next to Derek's at Oasis. I saw how well he did with his limited edition, hand signed prints, and I figured I'd tap that market this year too.
I will be offering the following two prints in extremely limited numbers:

These will sell for about $63 less than Derek's cheapest prints(Mine are smaller)

Included in the purchase price is a verbal exchange with myself, as well as my name written by my own hand.

These will go on sale at the beginning of the Carving Village on Friday morning at 11am. No line ups prior to 10:30 please. Random numbered wristbands will be handed out at 10:50 am, and as always in the House of Buzz, Ladies First!

Buzzy Out!

Now for some of the stuff that I made:

Got some one of a kind hand carved wooden pendants up for sale

If you want to be a Tiki Guy with impact, you'll need one of these bad boys!

Serious Offers from Serious Playas Only!

Bringing The Bling Buzzy Out!

[ Edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2007-08-14 17:07 ]

Aloha Buzzy,

Maybe you'de be kind enough to save me one and maybe not?

https://tikicentral.com/uploads/4531/46c20fd8.jpg

Rolling in Friday eve.

Won't make it on time for the "Carvers Pilliage"
11 am start.

BooYa!

On 2007-08-14 21:58, RevBambooBen wrote:
Maybe you'de be kind enough to save me one and maybe not?
BooYa!

Hey Ben! Originally, this was my plan for Oasis:

On 2007-01-04 16:14, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:

Dear Tiki Oasis Attendees:
I was inspired by the lady with the stroller and kids last year that everyone was bitching about:
Based on last years problems, and the secondary sales amounts of the mugs on ebay, I have taken steps months ago to ensure that I will financially gain from this sort of situation at Tiki Oasis 7, should it be conducted like last year. Being a native San Diegan, and former san Diego area school teacher, I have hired 150 of my former inner city school students and friends to stay on call to become "line holders" for me. Prior to Tiki Oasis 7, all my line holders will show up and camp out in line, waiting for the mugs to go on sale. The line holders will NOT be reselling the mugs though, they WILL be selling their places in line to you, the tiki mug collector, for the chance to purchase a mug when they go on sale. Prior to the event, spots 1-50 in line will go for $100 each. Spots 51-100 will be sold for $75, and spots 101-150 will be live auctioned that day, based upon the amount of mugs left after the presale handouts.
All line spots come with no guarantee of actually receiving a mug and are non refundable.
Cash Only!
THIS MAY BE THE ONLY HOPE YOU EVER HAVE OF LAYING YOUR HANDS ON ONE OF THESE MUGS!!!
Act now, before you are bidding for one on ebay, at extremely high prices later on.
Welcome to San Diego and
Enjoy your stay!!

PM me and I will tell you where to send the cash.
Buzzy

After I posted that, they changed the way the mugs were going to be handed out this year, so, I had to lay off all my line holders. I'll go ahead and get a couple of them back to hold a spot for you, just to be safe.

Now on to the real product:
Here are some cheaper tikis I'll be bringing

These tikis will cost about as much as a pair of drinks at the Bali Hai.

I'll post the rest of my for sale tikis later today...

Buzzy Out

Some more of my tikis up for sale:

most of these are$45-95. One of them is $20

And a few floats and stuff that will be available in the Tikiland booth:

dock pylons

Buzzy Out!

Some larger tikis I'm bringing:

I am setup to take Visa, MC, and Discover cards this year.

Buzzy Out!

C
Cammo posted on Thu, Aug 16, 2007 6:04 AM

"I am setup to take Visa, MC, and Discover cards this year."

Take them, or actually charge things on them?

I'm setup to take people's cards too!

LOVE those tikis. See ya there, Buzz Buzz.

A couple more cheap tikis:

Tick,tick, tick....
Buzzy Out!

Pages: 1 10 replies