Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

60's stuff Naval Reservist some Tiki

Pages: 1 4 replies

A few years back a tenant in the apartments we lived in left all this stuff. My husband and I have held on to it not knowing what to do. It's like this whole guys life from high school on threw his service in the Navy. I found some stuff from his time in Hawaii including a traffic ticket (no helmet). I know he sent his wife a big crate of stuff from Hong Kong too, I have the crate!

I went back too look if there was something tiki and my son and I just spent all afternoon looking at everything. It is amazing!

Here are some stuff

I have know idea what this place is but I would like to see what they use to sell.

This was in with all his stuff too? Not tiki but tripy.

Thats all in the stuff that is some what tiki. It is all interesting.
I am just posting pictures for you to enjoy.

On 2007-08-14 17:01, shampoovta wrote:

I have know idea what this place is but I would like to see what they use to sell.

Pretty neat stuff, Shampoovta. There was something unique about living on Pacific Rim, US military installations in the early 1960s (pre-Vietnam). There was sort of that post-war, Atomic Age vibe that exists in Tiki.

The Hang On Ivory Factory sells jewelry in Hong Kong. I would figure it is out of business due to the worldwide ban on ivory, but it appears to still be in business.

FWIW, the USS Bennington was a World War 2, Essex class aircraft carrier. She served on until 1970. In the mid-1990s, her island superstructure was cut off and a huge hole cut into her flight deck (to demilitarize her). She was then towed off to India for scrapping.

Cool! I found out my mother in law knew this guy. She said he went on to work for Halliburton after he left the service. She said he made allot of money driving trucks for them. Then I heard the theme to the Twilight Zone playing in my head. Spooky!

What a treasure trove, Shampoovta!!
I would have felt like it was Christmas AM, and Ol' Saint Tiki left me a grass stocking!!

Totally dig the Halliburton matches too.
F

O

Very cool stuff. Shampoovta,
thanks for sharing.

Pages: 1 4 replies