Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Silent auctions

Pages: 1 10 replies

I was fortunate enough to purchase two identical mugs that ought to be of interest to at least a few of you, and I want to sell one of them. Instead of putting it on ebay for the whole world, I was wondering what members of TC would think about doing a silent auction on this site. What I mean by a silent auction is the seller would post the item here with or without a reserve price and then interested bidders would send an e-mail with what they are willing to pay. The auction would end in a week and the seller would contact the high bidder to tell them they won and arrange shipment. Charities do this kind of thing quite often and it seems to work fairly well -- although it requires a little more trust and faith than an ebay auction. The mug I'm thinking of offering is a Don the Beachcomber Rum Barrel, but that's not the point of the post. I'm just wondering what others think of this concept. Mahalo.

I'd be interested in that. I'm sure that once a deal was struck the payment would come in just like it has for the Tiki Memorial.

I may or may not be interested in this particular item, but I am all for the concept!

Kailuageoff,
If I'm not mistaken, Kokomo had a silent auction here on TC a few months back. I'm not sure the outcome of its outcome but I believe it worked out fine. I think its a great way to keep the collectibles in the family.

*** * * The Polynesian Popster * * ***

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-01-30 21:12 ]

I know FOR SURE that Gecko is wanting a barrel from Don the Beachcomber.

F

sounds like a good idea

at least we won't get the closed-early screw as is (still) happening on Epay

Okay, sounds like there is a small consensus to do this. I'm gonna wait a week or so because there is some other good stuff being promoted on TC right now by Sven, Rain, etc. Check it out...

When their stuff is done I'll create a new thread called "Beachcomber Rum Barrel Silent Auction" with a minimum of $25. Mahalo.

G
GECKO posted on Fri, Jan 31, 2003 1:51 PM

Eh u got dat right SUGACANE DADDY! It's nice to know you remember SCD!

I would be interested. ya KG go ahead an do em.

Remember to da other members on TC that I will trade some tings like mask fo stuff like a mug that i need. I have the menehuni mask avail fo trade thats on the "carving post" if someone get a double of something i can use just email me. It's made of home grown coconut tree and ready fo hang in da bar.

Gecko,
I kind of remember you said something about wanting one on the Holy Grail thread... was that you? Damn...

G
GECKO posted on Fri, Jan 31, 2003 5:03 PM

I was buggin sugacane daddy because he had 2 but got rid of one befor he knew i was in search! no worries. I'll just have to bid or get outbidded. one will come up sooner or later.

M

at least we won't get the closed-early screw as is (still) happening on Epay

I noticed a Kona Kai mug and s/p set I had placed on my Ebay watchlist were broken and no longer for sale. Just hate when that happens, 'cause I have sold dozens of mugs on Ebay and have broken so many right after listing them. :lol:

Given the recent spike in Tiki mug bids on Ebay I have resigned myself to no longer getting much in that forum.

Too rich for my blood, so I have to sell:

Midnite Groundhog Day Tiki Sale

midnite

Pages: 1 10 replies