Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Bosko at Tiki Oasis

Pages: 1 9 replies

Hello all, we are debuting three new mug designs at Oasis, they were supposed to be done over a month ago but only arrived yesterday.

Also maybe I should post this in events but… we have spent the last two weeks getting my San Diego Tiki talk together I could do a whole other talk about putting this monster together. Today I interviewed the designer of the Islands/Hanalei and will have photos from his personal collection, if you have any interest in San Diego’s Polynesian Pop past please stop by Sunday.

Maori Bowl

Maori

Skull II

My very best Alohas

Bosko

that bowl is beautiful!

I agree, that bowl is something special. Good work on that.

Thanks, this one was the third version, the other two are at the bottom of my clay barrel.

Bosko

T

I got to say that bowl is pretty sweet. Its always cool to see an artist nail down a style and run with it. YOu get use to the style and they are the king of it. Then you took that great style and changed it up with the 3D cubic moais. I love to see how a style can evolve and become another level. Now its almost a third level with that bowl. The cubic wall murals in a small clay medium with extra twists thrown in. If you got any left after Oasis, would love one.

and then this mug

reminds me of the Sam pendant in the face. Any back story on this one?

On 2006-12-18 19:05, Polynesiac wrote:
Aloha samsback!!!

I'm very excited to hear about the progress on sam's seafood and I eagerly await the reopening!

When we thought sam's was going to be gone for good, some fine TCer's threw together a farewell party and asked me to carve up a commemorative pendant (based on the sig tiki from the mugs and menu):

[ Edited by: teaKEY 2007-08-17 15:07 ]

Thanks to everyone who came by our booth and my long show.

“reminds me of the Sam pendant in the face. Any back story on this one?”

They are both Maori designs as far as a back story, mine was inspired by a Carving I did for Mr. Tiki a few years back. The Sam’s pendant looks to be based on the old Sam’s logo art which (if I am not mistaken) was borrowed from Trader Vic’s (menu art), who got it out of a South Seas art show catalog, wasn’t there a thread about part of this somewhere around here?

My very best Alohas

Bosko

good seeing you bosko!

Aloha Bosko

I absolutely love your work! I've been a fan for a while. Keep it up.

tj

Loved your symposium, Bosko. You have the patience of a saint. Not many people would have dealt as well with the infinite number of interuptions. :lol:

Love my Moai Bowl too. (I finally managed to pay Truus tonight.)

Hello all and thanks so much,

Kate thanks and you pay me too much of a compliment after years of experience around children I naturally kick into parent mode when confronted with that type of behavior. I didn’t think about it (with a couple of exceptions) until afterwards.

My very best Alohas,

Bosko

Pages: 1 9 replies