Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Mai Kai After a six week circumnavigation of the earth

Pages: 1 19 replies

P

I couldn't hang with virani in France.
I couldn't meet with the London ohana in England.

What's the next best thing?

I am scheduled to land in Miami on Aug. 29th.
To me, that means Mai Kai.

I also planned 4 days in Ft. Lauderdale so I'm pretty convinced that the Mai Kai on the 29th, 30th, 31st, 1st and 2nd are a good bet. Have rental car... will swerve.

I'll get pictures of me with Louise to torture virani.
That's almost as good as hanging in France.

Nah, it's not, but I'm trying to feel better about missing such a great opportunity to play ukes and theremin and drink good wine. (Although South Africa has some decent reds)

So Mai Kai it is.
Awwwww. What a sacrifice!

H
Helz posted on Fri, Aug 17, 2007 3:48 PM

Hey P,

The wahine and I are scheduled to be down there toward the tail end of your visit. Might have to see if we can make something happen.

Helz

Glad to hear you are soon "coming home." Home is where the Rum Barrel is. Man, that just made me thirsty. I hope they have barrels in at last. I hated drinking them out of those giant snifter-looking glasses they had during Hukilau.

P

Drank Sumatra says: Whaddya talkin' about...I'd drink a Rum Barrell out of a gogo boot. Come to think of it, I'd rather drink out of a gogo boot. A white one with rhinestones.

Helz - I'll probably keep from shutting the place down like I seem to do every time I go there.
I'm going to try to do the 5-9 slot. We'll see how that works out.

HK

I've been wondering what you're up to lately....glad to hear you'll be home soon. Drop us line when you're up for some uke time!

If I'm not working one of those days, count me in.
Great hearing from ya, Pablus.

On 2007-08-17 23:22, pablus wrote:
...I'll probably keep from shutting the place down like I seem to do every time I go there.
I'm going to try to do the 5-9 slot. We'll see how that works out.

I'll believe it when I see it..... And you can bet we will be there as witnesses! Looking forward to seeing you again.

V

you know what you're missing. I have to throw away those bottles of wine, and all that foie gras I kept for you.
Hope you're doing fine brotha.

P

The SNAILS TOO?!?!?!?!
Can't you mail me the foie gras and vin... and snails? And pastise?

We'll play together soon, friend.
Tell Air France I hate them.

Gutted....wanted to hear some tunes from The Man.

More Sam Smiths for me then!

It's alright, Andy! It's just bolognese! - DS Andrew Wainwright

[ Edited by: Kon-Hemsby 2007-08-19 07:34 ]

Drank Sumatra says: Whaddya talkin' about...I'd drink a Rum Barrell out of a gogo boot. Come to think of it, I'd rather drink out of a gogo boot. A white one with rhinestones.

Try singing this one:
"Rum Boot, Rum Boot, Boot fulla rum!"

It doesn't roll off the tongue like the original, but if Nancy Sinatra were to sing it...

P

Here's a better schedule of "events"
I hate to take up bandwidth with this but I'd hate to keep people waiting or showing up too late and cursing me. I've got enough people cursing me. I need blessings instead. Therefore...

I'll be there 5 or so through 7 or so on Thursday.
Friday from 7-9 or so.
Saturday from 7-9 or so.
If they're open on Sunday... from 7-9 or so.
Monday from 5-7 or so.

Tuesday - oh rats.... I'l be flying home.

Blesssings to you (doe that make you feel better?) and welcome back. I hope not stay on your nemesis list and really am sorry not to have been able to meet up in Napa Valley during your visit. I had my ukulele strumming hands full! Next time for sure. Let me know and I'll dig the good stuff out of the cellar.

-Weird Unc

P

Pablus

Mucho mahalos for sporting a Maikai Gents sticker. That was a limited edition run and the molds were destroyed. None left now. Very collectible! I'll make sure you get a low reservation # on our list for the new design. Thanks so much for you support!

-Weird Unc

Well......

We left the Mai-Kai about twenty minutes ago and Pablus had his uke out and was playing for everyone who was even remotely close to sober ( which was a very small number).

And, I was up to four Jet-Pilots and was about ready to crash-n-burn..... Pablus, he was one Zombie number I lost count. (Damn you and your liver!)

Photos and black mail to commence tomorrow......

I'm cursing my work schedule. grrrrr

Man, you guys have me jonesing. Does jonesing get caps? Anyway, looks like next week I'll be in Orlando over the weekend, from Thursday to Sunday. Anyone around, and are there any tiki joints there?

G

On 2007-09-05 09:13, The Mayor Of Exotica wrote:
Man, you guys have me jonesing. Does jonesing get caps? Anyway, looks like next week I'll be in Orlando over the weekend, from Thursday to Sunday. Anyone around, and are there any tiki joints there?

You do mean Orlando, right? Just checking since this is a Mai-Kai thread...

We're around. We tend to hide in the shadows and only come out when we hear the sound of a blender or a shaker. Well, let's see, we can probably round up some of the local ohana if we come up with a place to meet. What did you have in mind? There's 4 kinds of tiki here: Waitiki (the other Waitiki) for great tiki decor, good food, lousy drinks and worse music. Emeril's Tchoup Chop for great food and drinks (but expensive) and a poolside Polynesian dance troupe. Disney Polynesian resort for a Disneyfied version of tiki, but with a good dose of Oceanic Arts decor. And home tiki bars (I know of 3 or 4).

Come on down! And bring some deodorant.

Sorry, just realized I never put the pictures up.......

Click on the picture to get to my Flick'r.

Who wants a Mai-Tai?

[Hot Rod Hula Hop](http://fraternalorderofmoai.org/events.html)

[ Edited by: Chip and Andy  2007-09-18 19:45 ]

Pages: 1 19 replies