Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

oh no!! hala kahiki is advertising on the radio now!!!

Pages: 1 6 replies

yep..on 104.3 fm here in chicago.....almost wrecked the car when i heard over the air waves that hala kahiki is giving away a trip to mexico via apple vacations if you visit the bar, hang out in their tropical beer garden or try one of their many world famous drinks...the whole ad sounded like a pitch for a local sports bar.....yeesh...

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-08-18 14:09 ]

S

I hate those fu&^*. They refuse the priceless publicity of the Exotica event, and now they're on the radio?

I hate those fu&^*.

from another thread lake surfer writes

giving away a trip to mexico via apple vacations...

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-20 15:47 ]

S

I kid. I'm for them having more business. But, I recall back at the first Exotica that they refused to participate and declined to be talked about in the media about the event. They didn't want any of it. No free publicity for them. So, its a bit odd.

I will never complain about Hala Kahiki.

Once again it saved my life during Wizard World Chicago last weekend.

-BCM

I hope the Hala Kahiki management can resist the temptation to go full-blown Buffett parrothead style. On the one visit I made there, I was struck by how much of the Generic Island Lifestyle crap had infested an otherwise solid tiki bar.

on the upside....they have added quite a bit of new tikis to the outside area in back and a new mask kas appeared on the front of the building.....they said they are also working on getting some of the white snake and abba tunes as well as some other crap out of the juke box.....

..oh yeah, you will probably see my mini luau lanterns for sale in the gift shop soon and maybe on the tables as table lamp replacements for some of the worn out lamps.....

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-08-20 09:35 ]

Pages: 1 6 replies