Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

used to be an old tiki place in NY.... Bay Terrace

Pages: 1 0 replies

H

hope I'm posting in the right place....

about 20-25 years ago, I remember a place in the Bay Terrace mall, waaay in the back there was a really large themed restaurant. Does anyone know if it's still there?...or what it was called....the name totally escapes me.

the mr and i went a time or 3 while we were dating. That was about 92ish, it still existed then.

It might even be closer to Whitestone. It's been so long and the years so fuzzy these days, I don't remember anymore. I think there was a bowling alley in the same parking lot too.

King Yum's in Fresh Meadows (I used to go with my friends when we were 16ish) was also one of our favorite haunts after movies. Of course we were kids and by the time I was old enough to drink legally I had other things on my mind.

Never had any of the cocktails and I remember my friends and I thought the place was really over the edge with weirdo stuff. We got a kick out of the old waiter who shuffled over with our food (served family style) in a 'Hawaii 5-O' shirt.

We called him Dan-O....he was not amused.

Last post that I saw (upon searching this site) was dated 2006 and at that posting King Yum's was still there and very much the same. I plan to visit soon.

Any other tiki joints local (Queens)?

[ Edited by: hookilau 2007-08-19 09:41 ]

Pages: 1 0 replies