Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

St Lucia rum or other ideas?

Pages: 1 3 replies

My assistant is travelling home to St Lucia for a vacation next week. She's offered to bring me back some rum, as she knows my tastes... what should I ask for?

St Lucian or otherwise?

Liz

RB
I

There's wonderful carved wooden statues available on St. Lucia. When I vacationed there last year, I got a nice one for $30 USD.

I'm a new member here...if I can figure out how to post photos, I'll post one of the statue. Not a tiki, but still wonderful (female water bearer in the distinctive St. Lucia carving style). St. Lucia is known for it's carved art.

A nice item from there is the chocolate sticks they sell to tourists, with nutmeg in them, for grating and adding to hot drinks. They grow nutmeg there and many of our cocktails came with fresh grated nutmeg, it was really tasty fresh grated. Especially in the Planter's punch.

Unfortunately, we and another couple next door were burglarized while we were on St. Lucia and away from our rooms at dinner...by someone who had a key. My DH and I interrupted the burglary in progress. The neighbors even had their shoes and clothing stolen.

I

Here's a photo. It's 19 inches tall.

Pages: 1 3 replies