Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Carolina Tikiphiles?

Pages: 1 9 replies

Where are you.
Me and the Mrs are located just below Charlotte, NC in Rock Hill, SC....
Would love to meet and hang out with like minded Tiki Types.

S

We'll be on Folly in a few weeks, investigating the possibility of having a small event there in 2008. There are a few Carolina folks here.

I'm a Georgia boy now, but I was born in Greenville, and travel to NC (through Charlotte) to see my Mama every couple of months. Too far for anything regular, but thought I'd say hi.

I

We're not too far away, depending on your perspective. Athens, GA, another college town.

T

On 2007-08-22 13:02, Swanky wrote:
We'll be on Folly in a few weeks, investigating the possibility of having a small event there in 2008. There are a few Carolina folks here.

Some of us Virginians would love such an event!

S

On 2007-08-22 20:46, Tornhalo wrote:

On 2007-08-22 13:02, Swanky wrote:

Some of us Virginians would love such an event!

Let the East Coast Tiki Revival continue! We'll shape up the plan for 2008 by the end of the month.

Keep Us in The Loop
If you rever gonna be in Charlotte, drop us a line.

I'm in raleigh, and the wife and I would love to meet more tiki fiends.

H

Georgialina boy here. Grew up mostly in the Augusta, Ga./North Augusta, SC area AKA the CSRA--Central Savannah River Area. Lived in Greenville, SC on and off and have been down here in the Charleston/James Island/Folly beach area for a few years now.

edgarallncoe (cool name)-I used to go hang for weekend here and there at a friend's dad's place on the big lake up there in/near Rock Hill, can't remember the name of it--Jim Bakker used to have a house there. Good memories of RH. My buds and I would make the drive from Greenville to Charlotte every now and then to see shows at Kidnappers bar (still there?). I have a vague memory of a friend taking me to a strip club that had a dirt floor somewhere on the outskirts of Charlotte-could'a just been a bad dream.

I'll be assisting brother Swanky in scouting out some locations, sponsors, etc. for the future event so keep yer eyes and ears peeled for more info....... and y'all come see us!!!

ohhhhh! i like these ideas!!!!

Pages: 1 9 replies