Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Need help! Where to find rum in Barcelona?

Pages: 1 7 replies

F

Aloha!

I’m going to Barcelona, Spain in a few weeks and wonder if anybody on this forum knows of any good liquor stores? I’m looking for a quality store with a lot of rum brands to choose from not just the standard Bacardi/Capt. Morgan found everywhere. I’ve been searching the net over and over again but I just can’t dig up any useful information.

I’d be most grateful for any help.

Thanks!

/The Flamingo

I hope someone with local knowledge can provide more information, but if not, I set up a search for you on Google Maps for liquor stores.

http://maps.google.es/maps?f=l&hl=es&geocode=&q=licores+venta&near=barcelona&ie=UTF8&filter=0&z=10&om=1

Item J on the map is Vinus& Brindis. Their website has some nice aged rums, 10, 15 and 23 years old.

http://www2.vinusbrindis.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=ron&osCsid=3199e39b820220f4d3d5ff67ce3a7867&x=0&y=0

HTH,

• SV
F

Much abliged! Great help. I didn’t think of Google Maps.

Thanks!

Hi Flamingo, here's the local guy from Barcelona. Sorry if I'm late, but I hope this info is still useful for someone.

The absolutely best liquor store in town is Colmado Quílez. They have many shops in the city, but THE ONE is located in c Aragó 241 (approximately). The first time i got into that shop I got knocked out.

You can check their website

In my blog I have that post where you can find a miniguide to buy stuff in Barcelona. Eeeer... it's in spanish, but you can still get the addresses.

http://bastardosaffrin.blogspot.com

[ Edited by: BastardoSaffrin 2007-10-26 04:54 ]

OK, so as long as we're on the topic of European liquor stores, I will be in Paris next month.

So where do I get the goods in Paris?

Virani?
Anyone?

The absolutely best liquor store in town is Colmado Quílez.
[/quote

Neat. I'll be passing through there next summer and I'll have to stop by and add to my shopping list.

Sobrasada. Check!
Ensaimadas. Check!
Coca amb verdura. Check!
Absenta Mari Mayans. Check!
(Now that's a party.)

I like the blog, by the way, but why in Castellano and not Catalán? Not that I'm complaining.

• SV

Sobrasada. Check!
Ensaimadas. Check!
Coca amb verdura. Check!
Absenta Mari Mayans. Check!
(Now that's a party.)

Yes! All that is very yummy stuff. And well, Barcelona is a very good place to buy absenta, althogh be careful don't get one of these souvenir bottles.

I like the blog, by the way, but why in Castellano and not Catalán? Not that I'm complaining.

Thanks for your compliment. It's in Castellano (Spanish) because in that way someone from outside Catalonia can read it. Also people from South America. The reason of this blog is that I couldn't find any website or blog about tiki in Spanish, so I thought it was something to be done. Thanks for asking!

F

Fantasic! I cannot thank you enough Bastardo. I’ll be checking out that place next time I’m in Barcelona.

Muchas Gracias!
Mahalo!

/Flamingo Fred

Pages: 1 7 replies