Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Tiki T-shirt at Desteenation Shirt Co.

Pages: 1 5 replies

This authentic tiki t-shirt from Seattle's Luau Polynesian Lounge is available online for $22 (free shipping) at www.desteenation.com and also in our retail stores in Seattle, WA and Kailua-Kona, HI. Also available in a flattering women's t-shirt as well.

Desteenation Shirt Co. offers authentic, vintage t-shirts from actual businesses all over the Western United States and Hawaii. Profits are shared with our member businesses, and we include a written profile of each place to get the word out about these cool, local places.

Tiki lovers may also enjoy our authentic Kealakekua's Grass Shack t-shirt!

Thanks for checking us out!

I was just at your store while visiting Kailua-Kona. Great shirts for some small businesses who wouldn't otherwise have shirts made.

For those of you in search of a larger size, we just started carrying this in a 3XL t-shirt, along with lots of other cool XXXL styles.

goddamnit!! i got my shirt by actually going to the luau in seattle and purchasing one there....now i can sit on my fat ass and order another one without leaving the house...good....cause mine is just about worn out and time for a replacement.

T

If you love original T-shirts from real places without the road trips this joint has them in spades! Sheck it out!

[ Edited by: tiki-lee 2007-09-07 13:53 ]

This tiki face design was one created for use by an ad agency and used in the Levi's silvertab jeans print ads almost a decade ago. Also available as giveaway postcards, everyone picked up a few back then.
It is a distinctive tiki design appropriated by others through the following years.
Old timers to da tiki dakine will remmeber the popstcard.
It had a cool ceramic terracotta tiki god with that face and hollowed out eyes on left half of the postcard. Right side, was the POV of the tiki; silhouette of his eyeholes thru which you are looking at a few 20 somethings cavorting in a loft all wearing Levi's silvertab jeans.

these shirts resemble the now modern and unlocal Crazy Shirts available for the tourons in Waikiki.
crazy shirts was a very kama'aina business way back then. I knew Rick Ralston who created the company and watched him create many t shirts in the Int. market place decades ago.
Now, the company ( a shadow of its former self ) sells mainland designs, created by haoles on the mainland, sold to tourists. Not many locals wanna wear da stuff. solly cholly.

[ Edited by: PrimoDakine 2007-12-04 23:56 ]

Pages: 1 5 replies