Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Bamboo Helmet

Pages: 1 7 replies

R

If you have a motorcycle and you like tiki why not protect the noggin with bamboo. Not particularly tiki except for the material but a little paint and I am sure it could be over the top. I am not involved in the selling or manufacturing of the item just thought it was worth sharing.

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/08/bamboo_crash_he.php

i think bamboo ben needs this as his official drinking helmet to protect him when he falls down the stairs loaded......or when he's rail surfing at the hanalei...

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-08-24 12:35 ]

On 2007-08-24 07:25, rwhgeek wrote:
If you have a motorcycle and you like tiki why not protect the noggin with bamboo. Not particularly tiki except for the material but a little paint and I am sure it could be over the top. I am not involved in the selling or manufacturing of the item just thought it was worth sharing.

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/08/bamboo_crash_he.php

I don't know much about uses of bamboo, it could be as versatile as hemp(it's very heavy though) I suppose. Being somewhat knowlegable about Bicycles and all bicycle related things...this is a bad idea, very bad. The extremely lightwieght and cool helmets available will protect you from death and/or nasty injuries and I HIGHLY recommend using one. I don't use a helmet ever (anymore) but I'm reckless and silly and love the wind in my hair. I do Love a Tree Hugger though so I'll check your site for sure. Bamboo splinters though and anything attached to a bike that can splinter is a bad idea. As far as motorcycle helmets IMHO I don't see the need. You get hit riding a Motorbike you will likely die or go brain dead anyway. Just don't get hit.

[ Edited by: McDougall 2007-08-24 21:38 ]

On 2007-08-24 12:34, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
i think bamboo ben needs this as his official drinking helmet to protect him when he falls down the stairs loaded......or when he's rail surfing at the hanalei...

Are we friends? Have we met? Do we hang out?

Don't remember falling down any stairs. And, surfing at the Hanalei was in the morning with coffee!

So, fuck off! and go back to hell!

Ben is mad at Tiki Central at the moment, and I think we all know why. Understandably so, it's not easy to balance his public persona of a "Tiki artisan/prankster/punk" with the desire for respect of his person. When you put yourself out there, and tease people, there's always a risk of getting burned.
I have it a little easier as "Tiki archeologist/scholar", which has respect built into its label. Sarcasm and joking sometimes treads a thin line on TC. The point is to NOT take anything personal here. Do it, be into it it, and still be able to leave it. :)

On 2007-08-26 10:03, bigbrotiki wrote:
Ben is mad at Tiki Central at the moment, and I think we all know why. Understandably so, it's not easy to balance his public persona of a "Tiki artisan/prankster/punk" with the desire for respect of his person. When you put yourself out there, and tease people, there's always a risk of getting burned.
I have it a little easier as "Tiki archeologist/scholar", which has respect built into its label. Sarcasm and joking sometimes treads a thin line on TC. The point is to NOT take anything personal here. Do it, be into it it, and still be able to leave it. :)

Yup!

For some odd reason Tiki Oasis 7 changed me a bit.
I made a menze with a few and felt love in the air.
Maybe it was the lucky 7 number?.
I don't know. Maybe it's a mid life crisis.
I came back feeling really mellow and good.

I guess I'm gonna have to pay for my previous sins here and there. So go ahead and get it out of your systems.

Or, maybe it's the Prozac kicking in.( lol!!!)

I am now the mellow one.

Grog, LLT, Holden, etc. are the new assholes on TC from here on out.

I threw in the towell!

Aloha and MAhalo!

Wow. Well Ben, change is always good, and there has been a lot of change in the air lately. Why, even Duke Carter was considering a less possessive approach to Tiki collecting in his last Tiki Magazine column!!! :D
I am gonna miss the old Ben (a la Bong), and sincerely hope the new one is gonna stick around here!

On 2007-08-25 22:04, RevBambooBen wrote:

On 2007-08-24 12:34, Tipsy McStagger wrote:

Are we friends? Have we met? Do we hang out?

Don't remember falling down any stairs. And, surfing at the Hanalei was in the morning with coffee!

So, fuck off! and go back to hell!

....coffee or not, you can still fall down and hurt yourself you mean old goat!!

"It's only a problem if you choose to make it one!!"

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-08-27 08:58 ]

Pages: 1 7 replies