Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Dodge Hula Lamp

Pages: 1 7 replies

I just bought a lamp, but it does not have the piece that moves the skirt. Any idea where I could find one? Could someone send me a pic of on so that i might be able to get one made? Thanks, Bill

G
gonzo posted on Wed, Sep 5, 2007 9:51 AM

Ive been wondering the same thing., There was a guy at http://www.hulainmotion.com/index/mn37216/Welcome who was selling these parts but alas no more. Now all he has is the motor

I have two of these lamps and was going to buy another one with missing parts when I discovered they were no longer available,. I have an email in to this fellow and will let you know what he syas

Dave

I figure I am going to have to make the part. All I need is the right size little gear, and I have no idea where to find one. I was thinking about taking apart my daughters toys to see what I could find inside. As I type this, I just figured out I have alot of fishing reels with gears.... bye!

RT

Tommy Bahamas sells a dancing hula girl lamp that looks exactly like these for $695. Perhaps you could contact them about replacement parts. Good Luck!

A

You might try a clock repair shop. They probably have every size gear you could want.

Check your local hobby shop in the RC section

G
gonzo posted on Fri, Sep 7, 2007 1:31 PM

This is what I got back Dang it:

Aloha Dave

We ended up closing our store in Hawaii and have since ran out of the hula lamp parts......

If we start selling them again I will let you know.

Doug

These lamps are a tad tricky to get working right even with the parts. Let me know how it goes.

T

When we were on the big island two years ago there was a great Hula Lamp store. I didn't buy a hula lamp (out of my price range) but they had a beautiful cast tiki lamp on a marble base that I bought. It has a beautiful hand painted fringed shade. They make new hula lamps. Also a great big one of Duke with a surfboard. They have tons of shades of all sizes and scenes painted on them. Their lamps were used in the Pearl Harbour movie. They look exactly like the originals. Real nice people to deal with. I checked their website is still up. Scott

http://www.hulalamps.com

Pages: 1 7 replies