Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

les baxter's quiet village lp stereo rare ?

Pages: 1 11 replies

The guy selling this LP in EXC condition - LES BAXTER QUIET VILLAGE [US STEREO CAPITOL ST1846] - says it is rare . Is it ? Any idea of value ?

V

Not that rare. 4 available at MusicStack in the $14-35 range right now

S

Didn't think so . Maybe he means " in Japan ! . Hehehe...

Thanks for the link to Musicstack .

Mahalo ,

Sushi

Definitely not rare by any means.

Also, this album includes mono tracks that have been modified to sound like stereo. This process was called duophonic. I have mixed feelings about this process. Some tracks sound great while others sound terrible.

I wouldn't pay more than $15 for this album as it is just a compilation. I do like the cover though!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Hey Sushiman - My wife's hometown is Kumamoto! Nice little city!

I found some killer rekkids at Woodpecker (or was it Woodstock?).

S

On 2007-09-18 19:05, beatcomber wrote:
Hey Sushiman - My wife's hometown is Kumamoto! Nice little city!

I found some killer rekkids at Woodpecker (or was it Woodstock?).

How were the prices ?

You are in Lexington MA ? I've got some very good friends in your neck of the woods . They live in Carlisle .

T

I lived in Yamagata for three years, then Greenfield, MA. Wife is from Zamboanga, a good bit south of Japan. And -- woops -- this is off topic isn't it. Ah, Japan though, what a country.

Cool looking record -- rare or not, I hadn't seen it before.

S

On 2007-09-20 15:47, Thomas wrote:
I lived in Yamagata for three years, then Greenfield, MA. Wife is from Zamboanga, a good bit south of Japan. And -- woops -- this is off topic isn't it. Ah, Japan though, what a country.

Cool looking record -- rare or not, I hadn't seen it before.

Yamagata's weather much like the weather in Mass. , huh ?

Greenfield , Mass ? Always used to stop there for lunch on my way up to NH & ME from Long Island . There was a quaint little restaurant off the exit ( west side of highway ) that served pretty good good . There also was a pretty good Howard Johnson's there . This would have been in the 90's .

T

Yes, Yamagata is a bit like New England, esp. in winter. I lived a good while in Brattleboro VT, now there's a nice town. Sis and family are in Marblehead, MA.

In Greenfield (and yes, the one in MA), there was (still is I assume) a Green River cafe, with a nice folk music scene.

I was an English teacher with the "JET Program" in Yamagata.

[ Edited by: Thomas 2007-09-20 18:02 ]

S

On 2007-09-20 18:01, Thomas wrote:
Yes, Yamagata is a bit like New England, esp. in winter. I lived a good while in Brattleboro VT, now there's a nice town. Sis and family are in Marblehead, MA.

In Greenfield (and yes, the one in MA), there was (still is I assume) a Green River cafe, with a nice folk music scene.

I was an English teacher with the "JET Program" in Yamagata.

[ Edited by: Thomas 2007-09-20 18:02 ]

Coincidence # 1 - I have a good buddy living in Marblehead , drummer Dave Mattacks .

Coincidence # 2 - I am an ALT down in Kumamoto . Not a JET , though .

On 2007-09-20 18:36, sushiman wrote:
Coincidence # 1 - I have a good buddy living in Marblehead , drummer Dave Mattacks .

Any chance he might happen to be the Dave Mattacks who is from Fairport Convention?

S

On 2007-09-20 18:50, finkdaddy wrote:

On 2007-09-20 18:36, sushiman wrote:

Any chance he might happen to be the Dave Mattacks who is from Fairport Convention?

Yes - the one and only DM ! He left England in 2000 and moved to the USA ( Mass. ) . In August the " Liege and Lief " line-up of FC minus Sandy Denny ( R.I.P ) performed at the Cropredy Festival . I wanted to be there for that historic occasion but just couldn't swing it .

Dave plays and records with a variety of New England-based bands and musicians , and also plays with Roseanne Cash , Richard Thompson , and others ...Very busy and in demand drummer .

Pages: 1 11 replies