Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Tipsy Remix CD (more on-topic than off)

Pages: 1 6 replies

Hi all,

Just got the new Tipsy Remix cd, called Tipsy Remix Party. It's pretty cool, some interesting sounds. Various DJs/bands remixed them, so the sounds are quite varied and interesting. Good listen for Tipsy fans.

Check it out:Tipsy Remix Party

If you're not familiar with Tipsy, they're kind of lounge dance music. great stuff. Amazon.com has samples of all their albums. Highly recommended.

~Hanford

PS, I've been listening to this CD all day, and I have to say that this CD has a sort of a "Raymond Scott for the New Millenium" feel to it. Very comical and over the top. It is not typical Tipsy at all -- it's almost like Tipsy with all the alcohol distilled out of it. It's really catchy.

~Hanford

....i absolutely love tipsy....great stuff......havent heard this remix album yet though......highly recomended to those who love exotica, but wanna here something a little more off-kilter

[ Edited by: hala bullhiki on 2003-02-01 18:42 ]

The remix disc if pretty nutty. Lots of crazy sounding stuff. They're not as melodic and smooth as stright Tipsy, but it's still really cool sounding.

~Hanford

B

I think that the remix by Sean O'Hagan is beautiful. Sean is an incredible composer. If no one is familiar with his band, the High Llamas, they may be up your alley. The High Llamas are a very Modern-sounding band, with influences as far ranging as Burt Bacharach, Ennio Morricone, Martin Denny and more than anything else, Brian Wilson.

Thanks for the tip(sy), Hanford! Been listening to it for a few hours now and it just gets Funner and Funner. I don't know about it having ALL of the "alchohol distilled out of it". It seems to go with what I'm havin' just fine and dandy. Okay... It may be a bit over the top, but then... So Is What I'm Having! There are, too, a few tracks that are Perfect for sittin' back and sippin'. Great Party Platter, though.
Thanks, too, for the info on the High Llamas, BC-Da-Da. They sound like someone I need to check out soon.

V

Okey Dokey -

I am a die hard Don Tiki kind of guy, but I followed the Tipsy Link that was on the "product of the Day" (yep - the links do their job!) and have fallen in love. Bought 2 albums from iTunes. Simply fantastic! If the band members ever peek at this forum, I just want to say Mahalo for the music!

VanTiki

Pages: 1 6 replies