Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

NYC Kahiki @Marions this Wed. 8/29 6:30pm

Pages: 1 39 replies

K

Hello Tri-State Tiki Ohana,

Every year NY City's Marion's on the Bowery transforms for the
month of August into the Kahiki with tiki decor, eats and drinks.
Don't miss it this year!

Let's meet at 6:30pm this Wed. 8/29 at Marion's -
354 Bowery between Great Jones and East 4th St.

Take the 6 or the F to Bleeker St.
Or the R or W to 8th Street and walk down.
It's located right next to the Bowery Bar in the Noho area.

When we know how many people are coming we can push a few tables
together or grab the party booth.

Keep the NY tiki spirit alive.

Aloha,
Kiki & David

Ooo, sounds great! I think we'll be able to swing this.

Gina& Damian

I was orignally planning on doing this last weekend, but had too much NETT stuff to do & couldnt break away, and I was now planning on hitting it THIS weekend possibly before or after matt's luau. Does it go through monday or is the 31st it?

[ Edited by: Bargoyle 2007-08-27 13:10 ]

I just checked their site and it seems to be through Wednesday, September 5, which happens to be mine and Captain Quad's anniversary...hmmm... Unfortunately I can't get in this Wednesday, but I will be in on the 5th and we'd love to have some ohana join us as we kick off our 10th year together.

I'll go!

I'm only sorry I can't go BOTH weeks!

I think this weds eve will be tough - BUTT I will repost if i can swing it!

K

If we have fun tonight, we'll probably return next Tue or Wed too-
whatever night works best for people....

Gather by the bar in Hawaiian dress tonight 8/29

Aloha,
Kiki

K

10 happy years of marriage is a good reason to celebrate tiki-style!

On 2007-08-27 12:54, velveteenlounge wrote:
I just checked their site and it seems to be through Wednesday, September 5, which happens to be mine and Captain Quad's anniversary...hmmm... Unfortunately I can't get in this Wednesday, but I will be in on the 5th and we'd love to have some ohana join us as we kick off our 10th year together.

Then we'll definitely plan to be there next week. I wish we could get there tonight, too.

Great thanks for the info. We will be there tonight. Vanessa and Brian

Okay, so a bunch of us went to Marion's last night, and it was a bunch of fun. Here are a couple o' pix:

Martiki-bird looking fabulous in front of Marion's. Underneath the lifeguard chair was some sand, spread out on the sidewalk.

The whole gang, after one or two beverages, but before all the food came. LeisureMaster joined us as well (not pictured, still en route)

The food was very good, and the drinks were, too. If you go, ask the bartender (I forgot her name... anyone?) about her special Mohito. She didn't have a name for it, so Birdgirl named it the "Castaway Mohito" for her. It was delicious, and she apparently just loves making them.

Looks like a great time was had by all! CaptainQuad and I are still planning to be there next Wednesday for our anniversary, about 6:30. Please feel free to join us!

T

The Naked City only produced 11 on a Wed. nite !!!! Guess you all in those Hamptons :> :> :>

Kiki - thanks for organizing the dinner - a great time was had by all.

I think it got up to around 14 or 15 people at the peak - maybe not many by some standards but definitely a good size tiki crowd for mid-week NYC.

Joe

Besides, it's the quality, not the quantity that matters. Especially in The Big (pine)Apple.

Thanks again for organizing this Kiki, and we'll see you and David soon!

K

We're going to Chan's Dragon Inn in Ridgefield for the first time tonight,
with my parents!

Anyone going to cruise by Marion's again next week?
The last tiki night is Wed. Sept. 5th.

CaptainQuad and I will be at Marion's next week!

Nicole and I will be there on Wednesday - last week was a great time!!

Joe

K

We'll shoot for this Wed. again too!

Kiki and David

Hey Velveteen Lounge, when will you and Captain Quad be making your appearance at Marions? Loooie Kahlua and I would love to join you in celebrating your special day.

On 2007-09-02 16:38, Martiki-bird wrote:
Hey Velveteen Lounge, when will you and Captain Quad be making your appearance at Marions? Loooie Kahlua and I would love to join you in celebrating your special day.

Aww, thanks! We'll be getting there about 6:00. Can't wait to see you guys!

UT

I'm going to try to make this one. Just got back from a week at the beach with no internet.

On 2007-09-03 13:23, Urban Tiki wrote:
I'm going to try to make this one. Just got back from a week at the beach with no internet.

Cool, it will be good to see you all again! We'll have to come up with some new places to try once Marion's de-tiki-ifies themselves. I found a nice looking Chinese Restaurant named Dong Hai Grill on 39th bet 6th and Bway. The bar area wasn't too big, but it looked nice. And "Mai Tai" was the first item on their bar menu. Anyone been there before?

http://www.menupages.com/restaurantdetails.asp?areaid=0&restaurantid=4050&neighborhoodid=0&cuisineid=65

weds sept 5th
I'm gonna try is there a start time?

K

Looks like people are shooting for a range from 6pm to 7pm to gather.
We met by the bar last time, and when we had a count, they pushed some tables together
for us. Aloha!

I should be there tomorrow.

K
Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.