Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

What is Weird Al listening to?

Pages: 1 9 replies

I

Apparently Weird Al Yankovich has been getting a lot of exposure to the 'Enchanted Tiki Room' soundtrack lately. From a recent article in the Chicago Tribune ....

What music are you listening to at home these days?

Well, I've been on the road for several months now, so I haven't been able to listen to anything at home. When I am home, I listen to new music in my car, and in the house I listen to whatever my daughter Nina is into. Currently that would be the theme song from [the Disneyland attraction] the Enchanted Tiki Room. Over and over and over and over.

That makes me smile. When Weird Al is overexposed to Disney tiki music, good things have got to result.

TM

Everyone knows Al listens to the Smoking Menehunes-oh wait, that's CRAZY Al, not WIERD Al-(Oh hell, never mind!!)

On 2007-08-28 19:06, ikitnrev wrote:
When Weird Al is overexposed to Disney tiki music, good things have got to result.

Depends if it's the original with Paul Frees or the Hillary Duff version off the Disneymania CD.

[ Edited by: KING BUSHWICH THE 33RD 2007-08-31 08:45 ]

CJ

Weird Al is my hero and I'm currently growing a nasty mustache so I can dress like him for halloween. I need some tiki slip ons though.

Weird Al Yankovic is also one of my musical heroes. I once had "White & Nerdy" on repeat for over an hour.

The most humongous part of his musical genius, though, is in his polka arrangements of modern hits. His version of Kanye West's "Gold Digger" is outstanding.

P

Weird Al's birthday is in a few days.

I think we should send him a copy of King Kukulele's CD.

Sign the card:

Aloha,
Tiki Central

Who's the secretary here?

For real though - if you find the address - I'll gift the CD to him.
I love the Polka heritage anyway being from Cleveland and all...

(I knew one day the polka and tiki worlds would collide. I half expect Brave Combo to come out with a uke CD someday.)

[ Edited by: pablus 2008-10-18 18:15 ]

L

Weird Al Yankovic is really an awsome musician. His music always makes me lough, he is so incredibly creative.
I think it is really cool that he also listens to tiki music! It is good stuff and he seems to know that!

When I visited the Beverly Hills Trader Vic's (now defunct, basically) several years ago, Weird Al was there in a corner booth with a lady friend.

He must really like tikis.
Is he a TC member?

On 2008-10-20 05:30, lois201 wrote:
Weird Al Yankovic is really an awsome musician. His music always makes me lough, he is so incredibly creative.
I think it is really cool that he also listens to tiki music! It is good stuff and he seems to know that!

Im sure he does! Who does not like tiki music :) - actually everyone has its own tiki music right? I love the tiki sound yessss!

On 2008-10-20 09:34, dangergirl299 wrote:
When I visited the Beverly Hills Trader Vic's (now defunct, basically) several years ago, Weird Al was there in a corner booth with a lady friend.

He must really like tikis.
Is he a TC member?

I'd bet he might be a TC member, prolly a lurker, tho...

Pages: 1 9 replies