Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Grand Re-opening Party at Chef Shangri-La

Pages: 1 10 replies

The Bar is now Open! mmm Mai Tais!

After a couple of months of re-modeling and few other minor issues, the Chef is back serving the finest tropical libations in Chicagoloand. Suzie is so excited she's throwing a party, so come on out and join in the good times.

Saturday evening September 22nd at 7:00pm

Featuring the reverberating sounds of the Reluctant Aquanauts
2 sets @ 8:00pm and 10:00pm

Please come on out and show your support, as we can't afford to loose another landmark Chicagoland tiki filled establishment.

For Reservations Call 708-442-7080

BaMbOoLoDgE...where the South Pacific meets the Great White North!

[ Edited by: BambooLodge 2007-08-31 08:00 ]

wont be able to make it , but this is great news, as we love the chef, and the drinks they serve even more!

you bet yer grass skirt we'll be there!! i'm movin in to that neighborhood and planning on growin old at the chef....maybe even owning it one day!!! Ha!!!!.....see ya there!!

When we were at the Chef this past Friday nite, Suzie told us she's really looking forward to seeing all her "Tiki" friends and has some suprises in store for everyone who comes out on Sept. 22nd. So all you Chicagoland Ohana mark your calendars, and be sure to come on out!
Thank you for your support!

[ Edited by: BambooLodge 2007-09-10 10:49 ]

Big Bump!
This is just not going to cut it!
As of tonite(Tuesday)The Chef has reservations for two tables of 6! Come on now Chicagoland Ohana, get off your asses, go to the phone and make those reservations.......708-442-7080

[ Edited by: BambooLodge 2007-09-18 18:38 ]

Bump. Sorry we can't make it, but it's our anniversary and we have other plans. Hope they get a crowd.

TT

..damn. now i gotta drink twice as many maitai's to pick up the slack....

..apparently some have reservations about making reservations...

..hey bamboolodge, have you sent out any emails to the rockabilly/ big "c" jamboree crowd?? i'm sure a few of them will represent since we have slackers here in tikiworld.....shame we gotta import bodies from other scenes to make it a happening but what the hell.....a party by any other name is still a party.

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-09-21 11:35 ]

....maybe i shouldn't have announced i would be going.....there may have been more of a turnout if folks thought i wasn't gonna show...

B

On 2007-09-21 16:46, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
....maybe i shouldn't have announced i would be going.....there may have been more of a turnout if folks thought i wasn't gonna show...

Yeah, I was gonna' go until I found out that you'd be there. Ha Ha, just KIDDING! With sets at 8:00 and 10:00 it will be too late for our little guy– so Amy will be home with him. But I'll be there to savor those tasty tropical drinks, great grub, and the super sounds of the Reluctant Aquanauts.
See you there.
-Duke

On 2007-09-21 16:46, Tipsy McStagger wrote:

YEAH, WE THOUGHT ABOUT HAVING SUZIE CHANGE THE DATE AND KEEPING IT A SECRET,Ha Ha!

On 2007-09-21 20:11, boutiki wrote:
Yeah, I was gonna' go until I found out that you'd be there. Ha Ha, just KIDDING! With sets at 8:00 and 10:00 it will be too late for our little guy– so Amy will be home with him. But I'll be there to savor those tasty tropical drinks, great grub, and the super sounds of the Reluctant Aquanauts.
See you there.
-Duke

WOW, SOMEONE WILL NOW BE HERE REPRESENTING THE HOOSIER STATE!

SEE YA'LL LATER TONITE!

B

New user, old friend to the Chef (ok to the Chef's Mai Tai)... how about a review on the re opening??? (I couldn't make it, some people still work (sorta))... has the place been cleaned up and returned to it's height of campiness??? Some of my old friends will not return, guess that just means I'll have to make new friends...

Pages: 1 10 replies