Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Nino Nardini fans ?

Pages: 1 4 replies

S

Heard a cut from the Jungle Obsession and dug it . Album highly recommended ? Fans out there ? Fill me in please .

I like that very much, too. The entire album is great. It’s from a time when one wouldn’t expect any new Exotica releases anymore. But it’s outstanding! They manage to create that mood, while being unique and using synths and electric guitars and bass. I guess they had their usual library musicians and instruments and at times a blurry idea of Exotica. So the result is so unique. For people who like Perrey & Kingsley, late 60s Yma Sumac and Exotica it's the perfect record.
They’re pushing the bounderies - as if anybody cared then (early 70s?).

KK

Hell bleeping yes! Nino Nardini and Roger Roger's Jungle Obsession is a staple in my DJ repertoire. It's a weird and wonderful album that fits right in beside classic exotica as well as other music I like to spin. I got my copy from Dusty Groove, but it's not on their website currently. It's out there somewhere reissued on vinyl and CD on Pulp Flavor records out of France.

S

Kinda suprisingly , I found two re-issue LPs and two CDs for sale on Japanese auction . Going for a CD .

That Nino Nardini (cool name) put together a beautiful album during an obvious Exotica low point. It's production is just gorgeous - who'd have thought of combining a mellow Ventures-esque rock combo with sweepingly high strings, vibes and steady grooves throughout. The cover itself is mod-cool and vividly reflected within the music. Each song has it's own feel, but the "theme", that is, Nardini's sound, is all his own.

Pages: 1 4 replies