Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Any good flea markets in L.A. besides the Rose Bowl

Pages: 1 7 replies

D

I'm going to be there next month (October), and I'm going to miss the Rose Bowl flea market. Any other good ones?

T

Pasadena City College is the first Sunday of the month, and Long Beach is the third Sunday.

D

I just checked out the website for the Long Beach flea market. That looks pretty damn cool. Thanks for the info, I will definitely be checking that out!

D

I can vouch for the Pasadena City College swap meet. I go there every month. They have a section just for records and thats where I hang out most of the time. I've found some great LPs there, and most for way less than you would pay on Ebay!

D

On 2007-09-04 10:31, Digitiki wrote:
I can vouch for the Pasadena City College swap meet. I go there every month. They have a section just for records and thats where I hang out most of the time. I've found some great LPs there, and most for way less than you would pay on Ebay!

Cool! I am totally there!

Just want to say thanks again for all of the valuable info. Went to the Long Beach flea market yesterday, they had tons of cool stuff, HOWEVER we had to leave after about a half hour because out of nowhere a huge wind storm happened. Dealers and customers alike all fell into a mild panic as shit started blowing every which way. Me, being from out of town and not knowing what these things were all about, had visions of my car getting blown off the freeway when I headed north. I just knew that earlier that morning we were watching Malibu burn down on television, so I didn't know what the hell was going on. I have been to LA a bunch of times before, but never experienced anything like this. Funny thing was, by the time we got back to Hollywood about a half hour later, there was no wind at all. So spent part of that afternoon re-looking at the freak scene on Hollywood Blvd. and taking the 1/2 hour tour of the Chinese Theater which was very cool. LA is a great place. My woman had never been here before this trip and she is now sold on someday making this our residence somewhere out there in the future. We'll see. Like NYC, LA has it's pros and cons. I am a native east-coaster. I love LA but it is very far away. However the fact that there is a ton more Tiki here than NYC is a plus. I feel like there are alot of things that cater to my lifestyle out here that NYC at one time offered, but no longer has thanks to the maniacal amount of redevelopment that is sucking the character out of that town. I am now at LAX and about to board my plane in 20 minutes or so. If you care to read, a few more details on my trip will be posted in other topics.

T

donhonyc: What you experienced is a Santa Ana wind, hot, very dry Easterly winds that come down from the mountains. They often happen in late Summer / early Fall and often make a high fire danger even worse, as is happening now all over Southern California.

Long Beach antique market happens once a month

http://www.longbeachantiquemarket.com/

Pages: 1 7 replies