Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Raising Fun!! Sep.22 Swingin' Tikis Reunion.. goodies list

Pages: 1 13 replies

CA

Before there was Crazy AL there was the SWINGIN' TIKIS!!

20 years ago, 1987, before Tikis entered my every day existence, the Swingin'Tikis started the new Tiki Revival with Classic Surf Tunes and Animal House antics at UCSB. I'd find them a year or so later in Pasadena for life changing rewards.....

The Swingin Tikis (Eric from Ape was an original member!) have been putting the party back in Surf music for two decades now!
And have helped Raise Funds for Surfing Foundations the whole time!!

Event: Charity Fund Raiser for the Surfing Heritage Foundation
Date: September 22nd, 2007
Location: The Detroit Bar - 843 W. 19th St, Costa Mesa CA 92627
Time: 8:00 pm - 1:00 am - Entry with $20 donation (includes 2 raffle tickets)

Infamous Newport Beach Surf Party Band - Swingin' Tikis - will be celebrating their 20 Year Anniversary by raising $10,000 for the Surfing Heritage Foundation (http://www.surfingheritage.org ) on September 22nd, 2007 at the Detroit Bar in Costa Mesa (843 W. 19th St). The band has raised money for many organizations over the years including, the Surfrider Foundation, the Huntington Beach and Santa Barbara Surf Museums, multiple cancer solution & support organizations as well as many schools and public services. The Surfing Heritage Foundation was tapped as beneficiary this year due in part to their alignment with the band's own philosophies and outlook on surfing's roots and the desire to preserve not only the history and information, but the energy surrounding it. As you may guess, this in not an easy task and it costs a great deal of money to keep pushing all of their initiatives forward.
We intend on raising the $10,000 through: pre-event auctions on eBay, silent auctions at the event, opportunity drawings (including at least two surfboards), sales of Swingin' Tiki merchandise, pre-sale of eight "Golden Tiki Torch" tables nearest the stage and ticket sales at the door. Other cash donations are expected. Sponsors already committed: Volcom, Quiksilver, Hurley, Frog House, Tiki Farm, House of Tiki, American Marketing Authority, Inc., Maui Jim Sunglasses, The Memphis Group, The Golden Truffle, Jack Shrimp, The Blue Beet, Shades Restaurant at the Waterfront Hilton, Bistango Restaurant, Premier School of Music
Contributing Artists: Crazy Al Evans, Rob Havassy, Michael Roberts, Dave Silva, Tiki Tony of OC Tikis

About Swingin' Tikis: Surf/60's/Beach Party Band (of mainly Costa Mesa/Newport Beach raised members) who reached their peak of popularity in the mid 90's. Formed by Dominic Tucci and Eric Rindal in Isla Vista, CA in 1987 while they were attending UC Santa Barbara. Known as much for outrageous onstage antics as their musical performance, they most frequently performed at Margaritaville on PCH where their fans routinely sold the bar out of Jagermeister, Steinlager and Coors Light. Their 5-song original CD EP "Vintage Surf Tunes" release had tracks used on many surf & snow videos.
Members: Dominic Tucci, Eric Rindal, Dave Felde, Tim Carr, Lawrence White, Larry Root

About the Surfing Heritage Foundation: The Surfing Heritage Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to preserving, presenting and promoting surfing's heritage for the appreciation and education of current and future generations; and to achieving our goal of surfing being more accurately understood, represented and enjoyed. Headquartered at 110 Calle Iglesia San Clemente, CA 92672.
Contact Tom Pezman - 949.388.0313

Please contact Dominic at [email protected] or 949-632-2269 for more information
PO Box 1304 Newport Beach CA 92659-0304

[ Edited by: crazy al 2007-09-13 12:55 ]

Listen to C-Al the Crown Prince of Tiki and be there!

CA

if you want to help raise some doe for this great cause check out all this stuff

and if you would like to donate your art or something else contact Dominic....

check out the updated new Swingin' Tikis Look!!
T-Shirts available!!!

and ALL of this Tooooooooo.....
Donor - Item - Retail $ - OPP/SLNT/EBAY

D. Tucci -HydroEpic Walden $1,600.00 OPP
M. Nagao -Tiki Board $800.00 SLNT
INT Surfboards -7' Soft Board $600.00 OPP
D. Tucci -Rams Football ? EBAY
G. Tucci -60 Min Massage $85.00 SLNT
G. Tucci -30 Min Massage $45.00 OPP
SHADES -Brunch for 2 $50.00 OPP
BISTANGO/Kimera -Dinner for 2 $60.00 OPP
Blue Beet -Dinner for 2 $50.00 OPP
Jack Shrimp -Dinner for 2 $50.00 OPP
Jack Shrimp -Dinner for 2 $50.00 SLNT
Memphis -Brunch for 2 $50.00 OPP
Memphis -Dinner for 2 $60.00 SLNT
Golden Truffle -Gift Cert OPP
Naples Rib Co -Hog Pack $90.00 SLNT
Naples Rib Co -Dinner for 2 $40.00 OPP
Tiki Farm Mug -Set $100.00 SLNT
House of Tiki ?
Crazy Al Mug -Set $300.00 SLNT
Dave Silva ?
Rob Havassy ? SLNT
Mike Roberts -ALOHA Piece $1,000.00 SLNT
Tiki Tony -Tiki $250.00 SLNT
Tom Laura Paintings - 3 $1,500.00 SLNT
Kahala ?
Volcom ?
Quiksilver ?
Hurley ?
Billabong ?
Beach Dude Inc. ?
Maui Jim -Sunglasses $120.00 SLNT
P. Barton -Haircut/Style $40.00 OPP
M. Wein -4 guitar lessons SLNT
Crystal Blue Vacations -Club Med Land Stay $1,200.00 SLNT
Angels Team -Autographed Photo SLNT
Bio Foam via SHF 2 - 8'7" blanks $400.00 SLNT
All Star Trio -Gig $2,000.00 SLNT

MG

Mean Gene will be in the house with some art and stuff for the auction!

Good talking to you Dominic!

Hey Dominic,
would love to be there,
but am going to a party that night.
sorry.

stop by the surf museum on a sunday sometime, 1 to 3 pm.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

WoooHooo! Sounds like fun :)

Sounds like a good time, thanks for the heads up

MG

SORRY, I can't go now!....
I've got a major father/son campout thing. You know how it is...... Family first.

I'm trying to make it, Give backs are good!

On 2007-09-21 18:22, MEAN GENE wrote:
SORRY, I can't go now!....
I've got a major father/son campout thing. You know how it is...... Family first.

Ya. What Gene said.

Sorry guys but there a killer punk show I must attend.

the Gears
the Crowd
the Outsiders
and...Love Canal.

In HB!

Have a killer reuion!!!!!!!!!!!!

poke C'Al for me!! Tooo!!!

G
GROG posted on Sat, Sep 22, 2007 11:52 AM

Bamboo Ben channeling Jeff BigTikiDude.

"Sorry I can't make it to (whatever event) because I'm going to see (whichever band)."

On 2007-09-21 20:26, RevBambooBen wrote:

Sorry guys but there a killer punk show I must attend.

the Gears
the Crowd
the Outsiders
and...Love Canal.

In HB!

Yep, I was there too. Great show...felt like a high school reunion...

Grog,
see my question to you in this thread.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=25544&forum=17&start=90&98

Jeff(bigtikidude)
p.s. this is So. Cal. sometimes there is just too much S**T going on.
and you gotta make choices.
sorry I missed your party, don't be mad......

What a great time! We are almost at our goal for the contribution.
I have EIGHT shirts left with Derek's design (see Al's previous post). They are all XLs and $20 each (+shipping).
First option to TC'ers.
Let me know.
Mahalo!

Pages: 1 13 replies