Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Saturday: (9/29) Tiki Road Trip at ATLANTA Trader Vic's!

Pages: 1 11 replies

T

Tiki Road Trip: Chicago (9/13), Milwaukee (9/22), Atlanta (9/29)

Aloha!

Tiki Road Trip 2 author James Teitelbaum will be doing three big book signings in the month of September!

The first is at Tiki Terrace in the northwestern Chicago suburb of Northbrook, on Thursday, September 13.

Live entertainment and vendors will also be on hand, and of course it is Zombie Thursday too - two-for-one Zombies all night long!

WCIU television will be there filming and interviewing people for their Chicago Insider show.

The fun starts at 7:00 p.m.!

Tiki Terrace is at 1 S. Wolf Rd., Prospect Heights, IL (847) 795-8454
For directions, see the Tiki Terrace web site:
http://thetikiterrace.com/tikievents.html

Note that this is James' ONLY scheduled book signing in his home town of Chicago this summer, so come out and say hello.

Just up the road in Milwaukee, James will be signing at the excellent Foundation bar on Saturday, September 22.

The Bikini Beachcombers and the Cocktail Preachers will be spinning tunes, and once again there will be vendors on hand (such as LakeTiki) to sell you even more Tiki swag for your own home lounge (you DO have one, don't you???).

This is part of an all day neighborhood festival, so come early and have some fun.

Foundation: 2718 N. Breman, Milwaukee, WI (414) 374-2587

Finishing off the month, the Tiki Road Trip caravan takes to the skies for a trip to the amazing Atlanta Hilton, home of one of the best remaining vintage Trader Vic's restaurants. Their regular Tiki Torch Nights event takes place on Saturday, September 29. Trader Vic's will be unveiling their new menu that weekend, so come have some food.

There will be live music, James scribbling on books, and lots more. This Trader Vic's is always a pleasure to visit, and I hope to see all of my southern 'ohana out for a Mai Tai that night.

Thanks again to all of you for your readership and support!

mahalo nui

James T.

PS -
As always, if you can't get a book from me in person, the BEST way to get it is to order it from this link:
http://www.tydirium.net/tiki/tikiroadtrip.html

• James T.

http://www.tydirium.net
Big Stone Head / Tiki Road Trip / Left Orbit Temple

[ Edited by: tikibars 2007-09-23 13:30 ]

C

See ya Thursday at Tiki Terrace!

T

I'll be there.

Hey James, I've all ready got a copy of your book. Will you sign one of my boobs?

C

On 2007-09-10 16:33, tedtiki wrote:
I'll be there.

Hey James, I've all ready got a copy of your book. Will you sign one of my boobs?

OH MY!!
I'll be the "official" photographer for THAT because I wanna see Patty's reaction in the picture :)

See ya at Tiki Terrace!

T

Ted, if by 'sign one of your boobs', you mean 'have a drink with you', then yes, I will.

And if by 'sign one of your boobs', you mean 'use a sharpie marker to write my name on your hot sweaty manflesh', then HELL yes, I will.

Oh, by the way - WCIU TV is going to be there filming for one of their local Chicago television programs (The Chicago Insider). So everyone dress real purdy and get your sexy asses on telley.

Is anyone going to the Tiki Terrace signing tonight in Prospect Heights? I would love to go but I need a ride home. I can take Metra to get there, but the train stops running early (no car here). Email me at randomcha(at)gmail(dot)com

T

What part of the city do you live in?

I live in lakeview but even just getting a lift to an L station would be great.

Dang! Why can't it be tomorrow night when I am in Chicago?? I am flying up tomorrow to go see Lynda Carter in concert Saturday night :) Leaving Sunday, so unfortunately, I won't have time to get out to the tiki bars. Maybe another trip!

T

Remember: this Saturday, 9/22 at the great Foundation bar in Milwaukee.

Signing and music from 7 p.m.

The Bikini Beachcombers and the Cocktail Preachers will be rocking the tunes, and there will be vendors on hand (such as Dave / Lake Tiki - carving live) to sell you even more Tiki swag for your own home lounge (you DO have one, don't you???).

This event is part of a bigger neighborhood festival (Center Street Daze, on Center Street between Humboldt and Pierce) that is taking place all day, so come out early and enjoy the afternoon.

Foundation: 2718 N. Breman (corner at Center St.), Milwaukee, WI (414) 374-2587

T

Good times in Milwaukee last night!

The Bikini Beachcombers did two sets on the 'patio' outside of Foundation, while Dave (Lake Tiki) did live carving and I sold a few dozen books. FinkDaddy and some other TC-ers stopped by, and there was a good, healthy crowd having sum fun on a clear cool night.

Then (with some 'encouragement' from local law enforcement) the festivities moved indoors for a few sets from the Cocktail Preachers along with more books, booze, and bamboo...

[ Edited by: tikibars 2007-09-23 13:35 ]

Pages: 1 11 replies