Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

chin tiki lamp restoration!!

Pages: 1 14 replies

okay- i was inspired by tiki skips post about refurbishing a kahiki lamp.......these lamps were done early this year but i thought i would share anyway since it was along the same lines...

behold!!!

... the following pics are of some rusty moldy lamps from chin tiki detroit....they were never used as they were still wrapped in moldy paper dated from the 60's......i've been told that these were from the mauna loa originally, since the mauna loa had lamps like this.....apparently chin tiki bought alot of the surplus from the mauna loa garage sale after the place went under after a few short months of operation....the lamps were battery powered ...obviously, the batteries were corroded and all else was unsalvageable so i made these into electric lamps.....

and the finished lamps......

"You may think it's boogers...but it's snot !!!"

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-09-08 09:37 ]

T

Those are AWESOME!
Great job.
I love these small table lamps.

J

Those lamps turned out great! What a great find! They look A-1! Why is your Kon tiki bowl upside down? Lol

T
teaKEY posted on Sat, Sep 8, 2007 7:31 PM

chin tiki lamp restoration- I thought that you were talking about your Black Moai table lamps :wink: Just pulling your leg

You did those lamps justice. They couldn't have looked better when they were new, whatever that would have looked like.

-April 597-0594

BB

Excellent!!

What a great job on an excellent relic, Dave!

Fantastic! I just love what you did with those lamps.

Superlative job! They look magnificent!

thanks for the compliments, all!!

Awesome job! Great restoration!

really nice!!!!

Amy

Isn't it satisfying to put some elbow grease into a project and come out with some cool stuff? Nice job Tipsy....now who's the sweetie on your corkboard?

On 2007-09-21 16:49, JimTandem wrote:
Isn't it satisfying to put some elbow grease into a project and come out with some cool stuff? Nice job Tipsy....now who's the sweetie on your corkboard?

thanks for all the positive feedback everyone......the girl on the cork board is one of those hooker flyers they have (not so much these days) all over the kiosks of vegas....and the ugly sucker you see in the background of the other picture is ol' howard stern.

T

"now who's the sweetie on your corkboard"

That's April

That's Awesome dude!

Where do you find the time?

Keep up the good work!

Gnarley!

Pages: 1 14 replies