Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Kahiki Fireplace Mugs on sale NOW at TikiFarm.com!

Pages: 1 35 replies

N

Get in your canoe and go get one or three (The limit per household), I just did!! Here's the link to save you some time:

http://www.tikifarm.com/kahiki_tikimug.htm

T

Yeh, I just picked up a set. Only 500 made and part of the proceeds of each mug go to the repair and preservation of the once grand giant fireplace from the Kahiki. I figured why not help out a little and also get a mug as well.
Just as long as they don't lock it up out of sight then I wont regret it.
Later, TabooDan

T

On 2007-09-08 13:15, TabooDan wrote:
Yeh, I just picked up a set. Only 500 made and part of the proceeds of each mug go to the repair and preservation of the once grand giant fireplace from the Kahiki. I figured why not help out a little and also get a mug as well.
Just as long as they don't lock it up out of sight then I wont regret it.
Later, TabooDan

HulaCat and TikiCat, keepers of the fireplace, assured me that once the restoration is done, any TC member that wants to pay a visit is more than welcome to drop by. Hey, why not buy a mug and go have your picture taken with the original!

Well, sounds like a good idea anyway!... :D

[ Edited by: tikigreg 2007-09-08 14:41 ]

T

I just ordered mine. It will go nicely next to my Kahiki menues that I got during a visit a few weeks before it closed. Glad some of the money is going to the restoration.

i think it is just outstanding that those two managed to save that awesome fireplace. what a serious loss it would have been to see it demolished....good for you 2!! and good for the rest of us.....i got my mug...I just hope you get a few for yourselves to throw on ebay after a all this dies down so you can use those proceeds as well to help with the restoration.....I think as a courtesy to you and out of respect for this project, anyone here expecting to unload some of these mugs on ebay should wait at least until these folk do so first, so that they may get the lions share of profit to help them out......think about it....these folk put more time, money and effort into saving one goddamn tiki fireplace, than most tiki bar owners would have done to save their own bars and restaurants..... which is why most of them are gone.....

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-09-08 16:33 ]

N

On 2007-09-08 16:27, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
I think as a courtesy to you and out of respect for this project, anyone here expecting to unload some of these mugs on ebay should wait at least until these folk do so first, so that they may get the lions share of profit to help them out......

I agree, however, since I bought only one, mine's not going any further than my home bar, or to Forbidden Island for a drink or three. So it's not going to be going up on eBay. I can't wait to see what number I get. I ordered mine about an hour after they went on sale.

Picked mine up yesterday. Can't wait for it to arrive for displaying....

I got on-line at the hotel when I crawled back in from Urban Tiki's Manhattan luau at 3:30 in the morning. I may be drunk but I know my priorities!

N

My Kahiki Mug arrived today!!! I got #174, how about you guys?

Got mine today #127!!!!

Got mine!!! #'s 89 and 90

[ Edited by: Mai Tai Matty 2007-09-18 19:44 ]

Got mine last Thursday!!! #32 & 33.

Sweet looking mug!! I got mine today, it's number 81..

51 & 52 for me. Definitely unique look for a mug design.

T

OK, so whose going to volunteer to keep track of the Kahiki Fireplace Tribute Mug registry? (Bueller?... Bueller?...Bueller?)

But seriously, glad to hear that everyone is getting the mugs, and they're something you'll be proud to add to your collection.

BTW: Got mine yesterday,and I not only forgot how big it is, but the weight of it.

"Now you can work off all the those calories,*** as you drink!*** Win-Win!!"

R

Yay! #164 has made it to Maryland. Kudos to Greg & Holden on this mug - the heft is impressive, and I love the texture that's been added since the test sculpt we saw at Hukilau!

Anyone have some good Kahiki recipes to fill up this sucker? There's one in the Grog Log, but I was missing an ingredient tonight... so it was initiated with a Rum Keg. It seemed explosively appropriate to the fire theme.

huzzah!

~Rupe

I am really enjoying my fireplace mug. I agree with previous posts that the texture is great! I can't wait to start using it.

T

Got my mug in today's mail. It certainly is much nicer than I expected! The picture on the website doesn't do it justice.

Looks like everyone's enjoying their new mugs. I guess I'd better order one of these before they're all sold out.

I got my mug (September 19th). #153
The pictures just don't do the mug justice. This thing is magnificent!
I am very glad I got this one.

T

(sigh) If only they took Paypal...

Man, I ordered my mug last Friday. Now I just got an email that they're temporarily backordered and will be shipped on a first come first serve basis once they get more mugs in. The delay isn't long (they said they expect more mugs on either Friday or Monday), but I hope I'm far enough up the list to get my mug. I knew I shouldn't have waited so long to place my order. :(

T

On 2007-09-26 19:57, Tiki_Tattoo wrote:
Man, I ordered my mug last Friday. Now I just got an email that they're temporarily backordered and will be shipped on a first come first serve basis once they get more mugs in. The delay isn't long (they said they expect more mugs on either Friday or Monday), but I hope I'm far enough up the list to get my mug. I knew I shouldn't have waited so long to place my order. :(

Not to worry, the mugs are not sold out yet! It's just the response was overwhelming and the kiln can only get so many out at a time. But like you mentioned, waiting too long at this point might be a bad idea!

Any idea how many are left?

51 & 52 arrived all bright & shiny & full of alcoholic potential!

T

I got mine #271 It is very nice and worth the wait.

#280 made it to washington.
Now to fill with mai-tai!

Has anyone received their Kahiki mug during the last week? It's been over a week since they were supposed to have more in stock and my credit card still hasn't been charged.

T

Alright.....Number 205 found it's way home yesterday! Arrived in one piece all the way up here to BC, Canada!! Great packing job (as usual) and who doesn't like those static-free peanuts!!!!! One of the best inventions ever!!
Oh, and I guess the mug isn't too bad, but Hey....... what about those peanuts??!!!

#329 made it to the NYC area..
about 2 weeks ago - early October 2007 - looks good next Derek's Tiki mag mug - they are very close in size!

On 2007-10-11 15:53, TabooDan wrote:
Alright.....Number 205 found it's way home yesterday! Arrived in one piece all the way up here to BC, Canada!! Great packing job (as usual) and who doesn't like those static-free peanuts!!!!! One of the best inventions ever!!
Oh, and I guess the mug isn't too bad, but Hey....... what about those peanuts??!!!

And they're made out of some space age material that melts in your mouth not in your hand

T

I placed an order for 2 on 9/10 and my credit card still hasn't been charged yet so no mugs anytime soon. :(

T

For those waiting on a mug, they should be shipping in a couple of weeks. Holden reported that the kiln has gotten a bit backlogged.

And for those that have yet to order, the remaining number of mugs left is around 50, so don't wait too long!

who's running the kiln over there ,Tashen?

well?

I just ordered mine!

Pages: 1 35 replies