Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

House of Tiki's new address

Pages: 1 14 replies

M
Maui posted on Mon, Sep 10, 2007 12:38 AM

OK, I have done a search for the House of Tiki's new address but I'm not the most computer literate person so maybe I don't know what I'm doing. Does anybody know where they are going to be located and when they will be open again? I'm sure this has been asked already but my limited skills prevent me from locating that information and your help is greatly appreciated, mahalo!!!

[ Edited by: daves not home 2007-09-20 09:34 ]

J

Here is what they posted in a MySpace bulletin on 9/4:

*"Aloha Tiki Ohana....Don't worry! We're NOT out of business...

We've just outgrown our little hale on Newport Blvd. So we're in transition between that and our new location. Please keep checking on us here at MySpace. If you'd like an invitation to our Grand Re-Opening Luau, please email us at [email protected]. Until we see you all again, mahalo for your aloha and support.

Wes & The House of Tiki Ohana"*

On 2007-09-11 09:31, Daves Not Home wrote:
I have a feeling there isn't going to be a new location...

Do you have an inside scoop or is that just a guess ?

I hope not. I LOVE H.O.T.

I especially loved Hot Lava Java. I hope Wes gets it all goin again.

*** WES - When you open your new location, please contact me. I'd LOVE TO have the Tikiyaki Orchetsra play at your new grand opening. ***

Aloha all and mahalos for your kind thoughts and words. We are going through a bit of a transition, but have no fear we have not disappeared!!! It's a long story but House of Tiki was never set up as a profit machine (more for the love of the business and an excuse to wear slippahs to work!) Don't get me wrong, we had a nice run of success and kept the bills paid for 6 years and had alot of fun doing it!!! However, financial reasons caused me to switch things around a little and lower the overhead while we see what the economy does for the mom and pop shops. I'm sure most of you know that these are tough times for the little guys especially in the "niche" business arena. Though I have made it through many other difficult times, so with the tiki Gods willing and as long as the "drive is alive" I will survive!! I am working on some exciting new commercial projects and have a container of really cool stuff coming in soon. We will be back to our roots in the surf industry section of Costa Mesa working out of a warehouse with a showroom for a while. Feel free to contact us at the same number or email me @ [email protected]
Hell maybe we'll even get our website up and running!!! (yeah right!)
A Hui Ho!
Wes

D

I heard that HOT has a new address and is open. Anyone been there yet? Wes let us know if us are open.

C

Tried to find it last week & couldn't - seems to be in a warehouse-like complex - drove in, but couldn't find the street address from the email I got from HOT..... A bunch of trucks were blocking access to the back part of the complex - that's where I am thinking HOT must be?? Or maybe I was more lost than I thought :)

Shakatiki - if you could give us some tips on accessing your location, it would be much appreciated!!

J

From House of Tiki's MySpace page:

"WE'RE OPEN!!! That's right! You've waited patiently and now the wait is over. We've moved in and we're ready to go. Please stop by and check out our new warehouse soon. 881 W. 18th Street (between Placentia & Monrovia) Costa Mesa, CA 92627. REGULAR HOURS Tuesday through Saturday 10-5, Closed Sunday & Monday HOLIDAY HOURS BEGINNING DECEMBER 15TH Tuesday through Friday 10-6, Saturday 10-4, Sunday 11-4 Closed Monday. We will be closing at 2:00 on Christmas Eve and will be closed December 25th, 26th, 31st, and January 1st."

T

I went last Saturday, and my battery promptly died as soon as I turned my camera on. It wasn't too hard to find. You just drive past the old location, and when you get to 18th, make a right. It's a few blocks down on the left side of the street.

It's a great space. Far more sales floor than the last location, and Holden says they just stocked up on TF mugs.

On 2007-12-09 11:53, croe67 wrote:
Tried to find it last week & couldn't - seems to be in a warehouse-like complex - drove in, but couldn't find the street address from the email I got from HOT..... A bunch of trucks were blocking access to the back part of the complex - that's where I am thinking HOT must be?? Or maybe I was more lost than I thought :)

Shakatiki - if you could give us some tips on accessing your location, it would be much appreciated!!

So sorry you had trouble finding us. We know it's a little more difficult because we're not on the retail main drag anymore. Yes, we're in a warehouse, but the entrance is right on West 18th. We're on the left, between Placentia and the four-way stop on Monrovia (if you pass the 4-way stop, you've gone too far!). The city doesn't allow us to put up signage outside, so our House of Tiki sign and "Got Aloha" is in the front window facing the street. We're hoping to remedy that soon. There's plenty of parking on the street and in the back parking lot. For those of you that remember the ORIGINAL H.O.T. on 18th Street...we're right across the street! There's also a directional map on our website at http://www.houseoftiki.net. Keep an eye open; Shakatiki is working on a Christmas newsletter!

Tiki-Kate; it was so nice to see you. Mahalo nui for visiting and for posting to the Tiki Ohana. You're absolutely right, we did just get a whole new shipment from Holden, including all of Little Lost Tiki's mugs (BEAUTIFUL!) and the awesome "Bowling Bros". Our new home, though off the beaten path, allows us to bring in so much more great stuff! Hope to see you again soon...charge your camera battery! :)

With Aloha, TikiShopPua

JB

I drove down on the 2nd and it was closed. I'll have to try again.

Stopped by House of Tiki today with a new camera battery.

Here's the view from the outside. Remember: If you cross Monrovia, you've gone too far.

Look for the Aloha sign.

Just inside the entrance.

They have a good supply of mugs now.

Carved tikis, concrete tikis and Sam Gambino bar signs.

Very cool tiki torches.

Plenty of essential reading materials.

Lots of lamps, candles, switch plate covers, etc...

Ukes and jewelry.

As always, I shopped way too much. Mahalo, Pua.

T

Came across that Sam Gambino Leaping Tiki sign/chalk board for 50 % off $6.99 in k-mart ..... wonder how much in h.o.t. ???

YAY - House of Tiki is BACK !

I LOVE House of Tiki. I bought some nice grande backyard tikis there for a great price.Plenny aloha to be found there.

I only wish the coffee house was too. Hey Wes if you're reading this, how do I get some Tikiyaki Orchestra CD's in your store ?

On 2007-12-29 19:47, TikiLaLe wrote:
Came across that Sam Gambino Leaping Tiki sign/chalk board for 50 % off $6.99 in k-mart ..... wonder how much in h.o.t. ???

Unfortunately, it's kinda hard to compete with a multi-national chain store that has the resources to buy container after container. We're just a little Mom and Pop store trying to keep the Aloha Spirit and Tiki lifestyle alive. Thanks to the Tiki Ohana who support our attempt, we're hanging in there.

Mahalo Tiki-Kate. It's always nice to see you. You've been a great support and we appreciate you! Thanks for understanding my camera "phobia". I'm a much better subject after a few Mai-Tais...by then I don't care, so I don't hide! :)

Tikiyaki...got your email. We'd love to get your CDs in the store now that we're up and running!

Malama Pono.

Pages: 1 14 replies