Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Advertise in issue #9 of Tiki Magazine

Pages: 1 16 replies

N

Hi everyone,

If you're interested in advertising in issue 9 of Tiki Magazine, we would love to have you. The issue will feature a gorgeous cover by the very talented Heather Watts. We would need your ad and payment by October 5th (we're extending the deadline by a week). Please feel free to contact me with any questions at [email protected] or (858) 722-4599.

Mahalo,

Nicktiki

N

A few more days. This is the last issue of 2007. Great for advertising any special deals for the Holidays!

N

Bumpity Bump!

On 2007-10-05 13:02, nicktiki wrote:
Bumpity Bump!

Bump!

On 2007-10-05 22:23, RevBambooBen wrote:

On 2007-10-05 13:02, nicktiki wrote:
Bumpity Bump!

Bump!

Bamboo Bump

P

Hey guys! Can't afford to advertise POCKETIKI Magazine at the moment, but have this BUMP on us!

All the Best from Tiki Towers - Trader Jim (Make mine a Mai-Tai!).

L

On 2007-09-26 20:54, nicktiki wrote:
Hi everyone,

If you're interested in advertising in issue 9 of Tiki Magazine, we would love to have you.

Met JonPaul of Tiki magazine lately. I was at one o my fave haunts, Cholly's shop, Kailua side.
JonPaul and his fiance popped in and we met, talked story a while. After they left, Cholly and I said almost simultaneously;

"eh that guy is one o da nicest fellas.
Not like most o those other mainland arrogant pushy tiki culture know-it-alls we bump into here in Hawaii.

Hope he does well with this magazine."

was funny. we both said almost da same thing, same time.
Jonpaul. You no ka oi.
come back anytime.

H

Any business owner who love's tiki and DOESN"T advertise in TIKI MAGAZINE is a dirty stinker.

LT

Does the magazine get distributed to San Diego area Borders or Barnes & Noble? The last one I saw in a book store had C'Al on the cover.

Hey Lanikai,
wow man thats very cool of you to say that,
Jon Paul is a good friend of mine,
and I agree he is one of the good guys out there in the world.
he lurks here on TC and sometimes misses some things.

I will make sure he sees this,
Mahalo,
Jeff(bigtikidude)

On 2007-12-06 00:19, lanikai wrote:

Met JonPaul of Tiki magazine lately. I was at one o my fave haunts, Cholly's shop, Kailua side.
JonPaul and his fiance popped in and we met, talked story a while. After they left, Cholly and I said almost simultaneously;

Not like most o those other mainland arrogant pushy tiki culture know-it-alls we bump into here in Hawaii.

Jonpaul. You no ka oi.
come back anytime.

On 2007-12-07 21:14, bigtikidude wrote:
Hey Lanikai,
wow man thats very cool of you to say that,
Jon Paul is a good friend of mine,
and I agree he is one of the good guys out there in the world.
he lurks here on TC and sometimes misses some things.

I will make sure he sees this,
Mahalo,
Jeff(bigtikidude

On 2007-12-06 00:19, lanikai wrote:

Jonpaul. You no ka oi.
come back anytime.

make sure Tiki bong see's it too!

a blast from the past!

inside joke?

I'm lost.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

H

On 2007-12-07 19:48, LOL Tiki wrote:
Does the magazine get distributed to San Diego area Borders or Barnes & Noble? The last one I saw in a book store had C'Al on the cover.

I always try to keep the most recent issue as well as all avaiable back issues in stock just for completists. (@Freaky Boutiki in Mission Beach) Heather's latest cover is so amazing I'm sure i'll be re-ordering quickly.

I can't help but smile when some people spot the magazine on our countertop and gasp aloud to no one in particular "This is all about tikis!" and clutch it to their chest like a suprise valentine. Suddenly warmed by a feeling of connectedness with tiki lovers everywhere.

Kinda like I did when I stumbled upon a little basement zine pasted-up like a ransom note on what looked like an old paper bag. "This says Tiki News!" I shouted at the startled hipster behind the counter at Krazy Kats many years ago... Instead of calling the cops, she smiled back at me.

T

On 2007-12-08 08:09, hodadhank wrote:

I always try to keep the most recent issue as well as all avaiable back issues in stock just for completists. (@Freaky Boutiki in Mission Beach) Heather's latest cover is so amazing I'm sure i'll be re-ordering quickly.

I can't help but smile when some people spot the magazine on our countertop and gasp aloud to no one in particular "This is all about tikis!" and clutch it to their chest like a suprise valentine. Suddenly warmed by a feeling of connectedness with tiki lovers everywhere.

Kinda like I did when I stumbled upon a little basement zine pasted-up like a ransom note on what looked like an old paper bag. "This says Tiki News!" I shouted at the startled hipster behind the counter at Krazy Kats many years ago... Instead of calling the cops, she smiled back at me.

I had the same reaction to Tiki News when I stumbled upon it at Whacko in Hollywood back in ... what ?.....96' ?

I still have all the issues I bought. I'm only missing a few.

I wish OTTO would put them all into a book..like a complete Box Set of Tiki News. I miss Tiki news

H

On 2007-12-08 08:49, tikiyaki wrote:...I wish OTTO would put them all into a book..like a complete Box Set of Tiki News.

Hell yes. Nick and I have been talking about how cool it would be if Otto did a compilation book. Why should Sven be having all the fun?

Anything I can do to expidite this great idea let me know!

LT

On 2007-12-08 08:09, hodadhank wrote:

I've been wanting to come by your shop, it sounds pretty sweet. I may be heading out to Bay Park tomorrow to see a man about some mugs; if that pans out I'll try to swing by your place too.

T
Tiare posted on Mon, Dec 24, 2007 1:53 PM

Is the new issue out? My post office already lost a box of x-mas gifts so I wouldn't be shocked if this issue came out ages ago and that too has gone missing at my post office.

thanks

Pages: 1 16 replies