Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

I am a hippie in a Hawaiian shirt and I love Jimmy Buffett. don't be hatin'

Pages: 1 10 replies

And I scored an extra ticket/VIP for Irvine tonight! (Sat Sept 29)

The Tiki Tour Adventure Van and mobile Tiki Bar is loaded and headed south. who wants to go?

loud shirts+ cocktails+ music= fun

I am a Tiki fan and Parrothead. love me.

call 310 779 7707

In the vein of not being a Tiki Snob, I say,

"You go, girrl!"

I will now admit to owning Micheal Bolton's opera cd...

...and liking it.

"I celebrate the guy's entire catalogue."

TWO

Michael Bolton? The "NTAC"?? (warning: "Office Space" Thread is located elsewhere)

S

Hukilau Brown, how was the show?

Suzanne

Great googly moogly!!!

I have to add this disclaimer: I hate the hippy style, and the Jimmy Buffet style with great passion, though I do not personally hate hippies or the man, Jimmy Buffet. He seems like a nice enough chap to me, but having said that,

I really believe in my heart that neither Hippy nor buffet have anything to do with Tiki.

Hukilau Brown, you have managed to combine two styles that make me go crazy. I mean, rabid, frothing at the mouth, hackysack/birkenstock/ bob marley cap destroying, parrot stuffing CRAZY!!!!!Add Guns and Roses worship in there, and you hit the perfect trifecta of evil!!

Oh my god, I think I just popped a vein in my eye!

...it was a great show....28 songs and the parking lot party is always entertaining....there were a few tiki bars set up in the parking lot..(even though the venue specifically forbid them!)

On 2007-09-30 12:53, lucas vigor wrote:
I have to add this disclaimer: I hate the hippy style, and the Jimmy Buffet style with great passion, though I do not personally hate hippies or the man, Jimmy Buffet. He seems like a nice enough chap to me, but having said that,

I really believe in my heart that neither Hippy nor buffet have anything to do with Tiki.

Hukilau Brown, you have managed to combine two styles that make me go crazy. I mean, rabid, frothing at the mouth, hackysack/birkenstock/ bob marley cap destroying, parrot stuffing CRAZY!!!!!Add Guns and Roses worship in there, and you hit the perfect trifecta of evil!!

Oh my god, I think I just popped a vein in my eye!

Lucas,

Don't be bagging on "Welcome to the Jungle". That's my song at 2 a.m. when building TIKI BARS ( ie; Forbidden Isle/Kona Club)
You should hear Crazy Al do Axel Rose!!! It's a good time and better than Red Bull!

TM

Arrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

If I told you what song I personally use when doing projects or building things, you would laugh me right off this forum!!!

(Hint: it figures heavily in both the Bill Murray movie "Meatballs" and "detroit rock city" (The scene with the guidos,the Stella and the Pizza)

O

On 2007-09-29 15:09, Haole'akamai wrote:
In the vein of not being a Tiki Snob, I say,

"You go, girrl!"

I will now admit to owning Micheal Bolton's opera cd...

...and liking it.

Sorry Haole ' akami

But after he released Thriller, it was all downhill for Michael.

Pages: 1 10 replies