Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Locating Tiki

aloha-luau-lounge 'll open again as very private lounge

Pages: 1 22 replies

hey all you tiki fans.
i'm going to reopen the aloha-luau at a new place.
it will be very private this time.
for friends and regulars.

Name:aloha-luau-lounge
Type:bar
Street: oranienstr. 188
City: berlin-kreuzberg
Zip:10999

Description:
aloha luau präsentiert euch exotische cocktails und fingerfood.
das ganze im wunderschönen hinterzimmer der galerie knoth & krüger in kreuzberg.
für alle die tiki mögen, surf hören und mal was anderes als caipirinha bestellen wollen, macht euch auf in die aloha luau lounge. die plätze sind begrenzt.

aloha-luau-lounge present different tiki drinks thursdays, friday, saturday.

open: thursday, friday, saturday from 20°°pm

my Space: http://www.myspace.com/aloha_luau_lounge

my Blog: http://alohaluau.twoday.net

[ Edited by: aloha-luau 2010-11-29 14:40 ]

P

Had the good fortune to visit the Aloha-Luau Lounge after the Berlin TIKI MODERN bash...GREAT little drinking hole! Tiny bar area at the rear, small art gallery at the front, HUGE potential all over!! We liked this place alot...the 'fine tiki drinks' where good too! When in Berlin...Barrel In!

All the Best for the future of the bar! - Trader Jim (You made mine a Mai-Tai(s)...MAHALO!).

M

If you ever come to Berlin - check this cozy little place out. It's much smaller than you'd expect but you get excellent service, plus the cocktails are great and very affordable. Thumbs up!

R

Gutten Aloha!

Just in Berlin for one night and wondered what was up now that Vics and the TT Room are both gone?

All missionary activities have proven to be fruitless, the Berlin Grunge primitives have refused the Call of Tiki, the city has sunk back into it's own art for art's sake bohemian ghetto....well x-ept, there WAS the Tiki show at Strychnin gallery in December!
AND the Rum Trader is still there! :D

JP, where are those photos!?

R

Persistence pays off! I scoured the block and found the place. Yahtzee! Yorn has just made me one his specialties the "Forgotten Treasure" which includes the Waitiki favorite rum "Old Monk". Photos to follow when I get back to the States next week.

aloha matt,
was a pleasure to have you at the aloha-luau!
its always great to have a nice tiki chat.

mahalo don sling for aloha-luau

On 2010-03-06 09:57, bigbrotiki wrote:
All missionary activities have proven to be fruitless, the Berlin Grunge primitives have refused the Call of Tiki, the city has sunk back into it's own art for art's sake bohemian ghetto....well x-ept, there WAS the Tiki show at Strychnin gallery in December!
AND the Rum Trader is still there! :D

JP, where are those photos!?

if you mean the remains of ttr, yeah,
but what have i to do with them?

aloha don sling

Indeed, when all is said and done, the Aloha Luau is THE only remaining outpost fully dedicated to Tiki and pure Polynesian pop mixology in Berlin.

V
virani posted on Sun, Mar 7, 2010 2:13 AM

too bad. Berlin was my favorite city in Europe for tiki bars... Thanks god you are remaining. I really liked your bar when I visited for the Wassermusik fest.

I was at Aloha-luau recently and LOVED it. But even better is the very intimate Rum Trader at Fasanenstraße.. I know it's not a dedicated tiki bar regarding interior design, but the tropical drinks are great, and some of them are served in tiki mugs. I had Planter's Punch, Mai Tai and Fog Cutter, all of them were superb.

As promised a few photos from my visit:

Yorn at work behind the bar:

Guests and decor

Decor detail:

The host:

Z
Zeta posted on Mon, Mar 22, 2010 6:20 PM

Cool indeed!
So, what's the story behind this bar? We need more!
Aloha Germanic brothers!

yeah, its sad but true, due to massiv indifferences,
with the people i'd shared the room with,
i decided to close the aloha-luau on last saturday.

thanks to my loyal customers.
i'll be back-hope soon.

mahalo don sling

Z
Zeta posted on Sat, Jun 12, 2010 10:25 AM

Tiki temples in Berlin: 0
:(

Oh no, very sad indeed. I have just booked a flight to Berlin in about a month and was looking forward to visiting your great bar again... oh well... please let us know if you open up somewhere else soon. :wink:

Magnus, I will be in Berlin all August and much of September, p.m. me if you wanna hoist one at the Rum Trader.

Thanks, I might do that!

I read something in Tiki Magazine about tiki bar seminars in London and Berlin with you and Beachbum Berry, do you have any more info on that? :)

donation completed!

[ Edited by: aloha-luau 2010-11-29 14:39 ]

Good news, I'd love to support you but since I live in Sweden I'm not sure how often I can visit... :) I'll have to think about it...

sven and moritz® and myself
met for a gathering at the "Quiet Village"to celebrate the
10th anniversary of BOT and the BOT-Mug from moritz.
of course we did this with the fine receipe from jeff,
which comes along with the mugs, the Tiki Reviver.

for photos of this great evening go here:

http://alohaluau.twoday.net/stories/the-tiki-tri-reviver-quiet-village

text is in german, sorry.

aloha don sling

Indeed, a good time was had by all. Thank you for your expert mixology, it is always a treat to taste a well made Tiki Reviver.

my pleasure sven,
hope to see you soon.

mahalo don sling

Pages: 1 22 replies