Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

North Texas Ohana - you are invited!

Pages: 1 16 replies

S

Come and help inaugurate the Picture of Paradise bar in Denton!

Suzanne has built her first tiki bar, in her new home in Denton, the Home of Happiness. Come and help her celebrate this achievement, and get to know the newest tikiphile in Texas!

Saturday, October 13, 2007
7pm - 'till ? (probably until we run out of Demerara!)

It's a stock-the-bar, so bring something to share! I'll mix up some of what I can make best, Beachcomber's Zombies and Puku Punch. Bring your favorite recipes and the means to make them! We'll have good music, good company, and certainly a decent drink or two!

If you would like to come, PM me and I'll send you directions and my address.

Also, please be aware that Denton is a dry county, so if you are bringing something to share, be sure to plan ahead.

Can't wait to meet some of you next weekend!

--Suzanne

My wahine and I would love to come out, but we are already obligated to something we can't get out of.
You plan on having a holiday party?

S

I'm sorry you won't be able to make it! Don't know if I'll have a holiday party yet, but I do know I'll certainly have another party at some point, so we'll plan further ahead next time. In the meantime, we'll all have to make a plan to meet at Trader Vic's sometime soon!

Suzanne

So how did it go Suzanne?

S

It was fun. Every single person who came was introduced to tiki that very evening, and as such I am already well on my way to bringing Poly Pop awareness to the UNT campus. Much conch shell blowing, dancing and imbibing went on. The crowning moment was when one gal, after consuming about 85 % of a volcano bowl by herself, laid down on the floor and proceeded to sing loudly "I love tiki, I love tiki...."

:D

I'll see if I can scare a few photos up.

Suzanne

CL

You Go Suzanne!!! Bringing Polypop to the campus. I'm impressed. :) Can't wait to see the pictures!

S

Here are a few pictures from the early part of the evening:

Bar with lighting, dark:

Me behind the bar:

Me with Buddy Holly in my $20 Princess Chair:

Dark shot of volcano bowl in my boat bowl, but you can see the flame:

PolyPop Inductees:

Lights and the Oasis poster:

S

As the party got on I got busy making drinks and couldn't take any more pictures, but you get the idea :)

Suzanne

Dig that crazy scene!

K

DAMMITT...

I won't miss the next one.

S

Aw, you guys are sweet. I hope to be able to have another party soon. Jungle Trader, you can fly out for the next one, k?

Suzanne

Yes, you need a white elephant x-mas party!
Dec 22 would be perfect for us, we'll be in town.

S

Hahahahaha, Unkle John! I absolutely don't mind you inviting yourselves over (door is always open!) but I'm positive I'll be in California that late in the year. We should set up a date though, soon, and we'll all get together. A great deal will depend on how my evening at Trader Vic's goes tonight.... more details to come but I'm up for a job there!

Suzanne

K

A great deal will depend on how my evening at Trader Vic's goes tonight.... more details to come but I'm up for a job there!

Whaaa??

I'm up for a visit to Vic's again!

I need to get me a barrel this time. I got the Moai bowl last time.

S

Well, if all goes the way I'd like, I may very well be seeing you there! I might even be serving you!

Suzanne

S

Well, no dice. As of today I'm not working there, but we'll all have to make a plan to meet there as of an evening soon!

Suzanne

Pages: 1 16 replies