Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Surf Trip Mai Tai ???

Pages: 1 1 replies

Aloha comrades. First, I'd like to say that I searched and searched for an answer, but I cannot find exactly what I'm after. So here it is:

I am off to San Onofre for a week of surfin' and sippin' and would like some collective input on some appropriate rums for a mai tai. I have everything from the bar condensed to a suitcase. I will be bringing Appleton Estate for sure but I want to know what I can use as an emergency back up for the Martinique. I reckon I can use Coruba but it is unavailable at the moment in my neighborhood. And I don't want to cough up the loot for St. James. I haven't tried the Appleton straight across but I reckon, in a pinch, it can do. What say ye?

Oh...what's the price on limes right now in the L.A. area (I'm stopping in Redondo to see the in laws and stock up)and/or San Clemente?

And...any advice on dropping in to the TIki Ti on a Saturday night? Parking? Mandatory drink requirements (after a Ray's Mistake of course)? It will be my birthday and that's what I want to do (simple pleasures).

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Never mind about the rums...finally found the mixology thread. Anyhow, any of you Southern California locals out there answer some of my other queries?

Thanks

Pages: 1 1 replies