Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Aaron's Akua - Signing Off As Moderator

Pages: 1 22 replies

Aloha, TC!

I'm a bit sad to announce that I'll be hanging up my Mod hat here at TC.

But it's a good thing...

I've been approached by one of the larger Architectural firms here in SoCal to start up and manage a new Engineering Department. This is truly a once in a career opportunity, but it's going to take all of my energy and focus to make it happen. So I guess it's probably safe to say that effective moderating time won't be in my future. Hanford has been 100% behind me on my decision, and I've really enjoyed working with him and the other Mods to help support and maintain these great forums.

It's been fun and sometimes challenging, but at all times interesting!

Mahalo, and thanks again for all of your support.

Cheers,

A-A

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-20 15:53 ]

Congratulations and thanks for your work. Don't let them see that Picasso quote, now. :)

P
pablus posted on Thu, Oct 4, 2007 6:26 AM

Yeah but where are the carvings?

CARVINGS!!!!!

Congragulations, braddah.

T

Congratz !

Maybe you can persuade your company to re-introduce Googie and A-Frame acrhitecture to the world ?

Congrats Aaron on your new job!!

TG

Mahalo
Pomaika`i
A hui hou kakou
Aloha

Congratulations, and thank you for your time "in service" for Tiki Central!

GO AA!!!!!!!!

congrats aaron! best of luck with everything!

pop back in and post a carving or two when you have time

Aaron,

Thanks for being such a great, attentive moderator here at Tiki Central. Your love for tiki and for making Tiki Central a better place is second-to-none. I am of course bummed that you'll be leaving your position of moderator, but at the same time I am quite happy for your advancement at work. You've done an outstanding job here and I know you will excel in your new job. Congratulations, you deserve it!

~Hanford

Congrats AA!!!

Bring back the Bow Tie!!

Hanford,

Can I take his job here?!?!? (lol)

( joking!!! :wink:

H

Thanks Aaron--I can say that with sincerity since I came to you with a name change request from 'Surf-n-Turf' to 'Howland' and you came through for me. It's good to finally be ME! And apparently, it's good to be you!!!! Mega-congrats on the career upgrade!--sounds like a very good thang! You WILL be able to shoot us a carve every now and then though, won't you?--Hope so. Talk soon,
Brad Howland

C

A2! Rock the casbah with your bad self! Nothing but love for you man! Don't forget to pop in when you have time. Hope you still can get some chisel time in.
Dig!

Your old buddy Chongolio

H
hewey posted on Thu, Oct 4, 2007 9:07 PM

Congrats on the new gig mate!

(although secretly I was hoping you were announcing you were going to be carving more... :lol: )

Wow, Mahalo! I guess moderating somehow took place of my usual posting and chatting the last while, and it's nice to feel these good vibes from everyone. Blame it on my OCD fascination with eliminating spammers, would-be marketplace scammers, and other minor blemishes here on the pages of TC.

I hereby nominate Bamboo Ben to take my place. Hanford?

Carvings??? My little workshop is still 3 months off, but in the works. It's amazing how long it takes to contract out a small home addition. Started getting bids in March, plans finally just got approved - what, 7 months later?... I'll have to once again keep you posted. I know, excuses are like ______, everyone's got one.

I like Tikiyki's suggestion. Googie, A-Frame, Eichler even? It might be a hard sell with these Architects (mostly commercial - designed John Wayne Airport in O.C.), but I'll give it a shot... starting with my Aloha shirts on Friday. Slowly add in a few carvings scattered around the cubicle, maybe leave a copy of the BOT lying around in the break room... invite Tiki Diablo down for a "lunch-n-learn"... Yes, my diabolical scheme to re-tikify Orange County just might work!

And now, for my last act as moderator, I'm moving this thread to the Ohana Forum.

(I just noticed HL forgot to switch off my Mod powers. Hmmmm....)

Cheers,

A-A

TB

congrats on your new job, good to hear ya still carving!

8T

Although you're droppin' one moniker, you're pickin' up another and since you won't be hangin' here as much, at least pop in now and again and tell us what's goin' on in the MOD MOD MOD MOD World of Aaron. Best of Luck, 8FT

Thanks, TBird & 8FT. Yeah, while my TC time will be a bit more limited, I'll be back to focusing on my favorite part, carving (what brought me here in the first place!). Starting at the new place Monday - wish me luck!!

Aloha,

Aaron

Best wishes at the new workspot Aaron. Hope the job leaves a little time to let your
creative juices flow. We need some more of those A-A perfect tikis. Nice job as a mod.

H

Aaron, best of luck with the new gig. Let it be known that Aaron has done a great job here, if it wasn't for him, I'd have well over 4000 posts.

On 2007-10-17 07:23, Hakalugi wrote:
if it wasn't for him, I'd have well over 4000 posts.

Well, where did I f%cking go wrong?

CONGRATS AA!
Build us a new Tiki bar down there.

Pages: 1 22 replies