Witco Tiki Bar for Sale!

Pages: 1 15 replies

M
murf posted on Wed, Feb 5, 2003 8:54 AM

Just go to Yahoo auctions/collectibles/other
for more information

A
K

I can get one of these bars for $645.00 without the stools do you think I should do it?

Yes. Immediately.

keigs20 wrote:
I can get one of these bars for $645.00 without the stools do you think I should do it?

No, you probably shouldn't. Go ahead and email me their phone number and I'll let them know you're not interested.....

Ha! Go for it Ken!

SugarCaddyDaddy

K

I bought it. I will post pictures when I get it. I thought about you sugarcadydady but you probably dont have room for another bar since you have two. I would not want to cramp your living space (ha). So I thought I would cramp mine and spend the kids lunch money. Just kidding they are not in school yet so I guess they dont need lunch money or lunch?

Man, I'd break out a clean credit card for that!
I mean, ideally, it is not the tiki bar I want - but what a piece of nostalgic art!

And Keigs, you probably did the right thing. Your starving kids will thank you years from now. Hell, Americans, as a society, are too fat anyway, right?

I think that is what I'll tell my wife when I try to buy the one on Yahoo.

L
laney posted on Thu, Feb 6, 2003 5:01 AM

O.K. Kegs, I was watching that bar and stool on ebay but didn't know they had a buy it now-I only saw the opening bid of $99.99. Double Boo! Can't you get your Father-in-law to whip you up one of these and leave the scraps to us? Just kidding, He probably had no idea his stuff would reach this collectible status. Still, Double BOO! I am the one with 2 Witco bars, Witco shelves, Witco shield and spears, hanging masks, Firedancers swag lamp, and Hawaiian Islands (still ??? if Witco-Will post pics tomorrow-promise!) But... I could ALWAYS use more! Good find but I'm NOT happy about it as I can't carve one of these for myself like you! I'm GREEN and it aint easy! Laney
BOOO BOOO BOOO BOOOO

[ Edited by: laney on 2003-02-06 05:04 ]

K

Sorry Laney, I do have a lot of Witco pieces but I did not have a Witco bar. I could have Bill carve me one or carve another one myself but the price of swamp cedar is same price as gold (well almost!). There was a buy it now for $645.00 I put a bid in and then thought if the guy would ship it for free I would use his buy it now price. Which he agreed. Hey! I should be green with envy you have two bars!

Hey keigs20 which site had the Witco bar? I did not see it on e-bay.

keigs,
Sort of an unrelated question for you: Does Grandpa-in law still carve at all? Even on the side? Seeing the stuff you come up with has gotta give him the ol' itch right? Does he help you with ideas for carvings?

*** * * The Polynesian Popster * * ***

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-02-06 11:57 ]

L
laney posted on Thu, Feb 6, 2003 12:07 PM

The bar was on ebay but you really had to search for it! No "Witco" in the title or listing. Kegs, I'm still throwing a tantrum! Free shipping too! AHHHHHHHH I paid a pretty penny for my bars about a year ago. One I took apart to make a TV stand (got two wall hangings out of it too) Don't freak out as I could easily put it back together to be a bar, it is just more functional this way. They were a gift to myself after selling my condo.

I'll let Kegs post a link if he wants or photos from the listing as I would leave that up to him.

K

Bonbonvic- it was on ebay
Polynesianpo- He does still carve a little and still has it. He helps me when I want to try somthing new. Like the first totem I carved he helped me and still gives me tips, carve deeper round it off more. But his love is painting he is an amazing artist. We have been talking about him painting some tiki art and making prints to sell. He has three so far and wants to do a couple more before we make prints to sell. That is on hold right now because he is still at his hot winter hideout. Hopefully in March we will have a few prints for sale if anyone is interested. Here is a picture.

[ Edited by: keigs20 on 2003-02-06 12:33 ]

You lucky dog...you should start a new empire, Kiegs, sort of like Leo Fender did with G&L. You could make a fortune being a direct link to Witco! Now....explain to us (if words can describe) the tiki glory of the lakehouse in the background. I was noticing the mouldings and the carved tikis. Is it completely decked out?

K

Basement Kahuna -I hope someday I can carve full time and be able to support the family. If it turned into an empire that would be ok to. The picture is a little A frame cabin in the San Jaun islands. I dont think it has changed in 40 years or so. Has crazy shag carpet the molding is carved inside and out has numerous carvings inside and around. The cabin sits facing the beach about 20-25 feet to the water with amazing views. To bad the water is freezing. Good fishing and crabing though. That is about it.

You're a lucky man, Kiegs...I've often thought about how wonderful it would be to be able to apprentice under your grandfather-in-law or Leroy Schmaltz (arguably the two surviving presidents for the Polynesian Pop set) and bring the old styles back as they ought to be.

Pages: 1 15 replies