Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

NYC: Vintage Hawaiian Shirts in the East Village

Pages: 1 5 replies

K

I stumbled upon a treasure trove of vintage Hawaiian men's shirts in a wide assortment and excellent condition at a store called East Village Style on 111 East 7th Street between 1st Avenue and Avenue A in NYC.
The best part is as summer as ended here, they are all on sale between $20 and $30. There are some really unusual designs in all different sizes and colors. My husband bought 5 vibrant cotton designs in mint condition but there are plenty more!

There a few womens' vintage Hawaiian dresses too which are also on sale.

I asked the sales clerk where they got these but he didn't speak much English.

Just goes to show you never when you will find a cache of tiki or it will find you!
Check 'em out while they are still there....

You can reach them for store hours at 212-260-6390

Kiki - thanks so much for the heads up on this place. Nicole and I went there today and Nicole totally cleaned house - she tried on like 30 dresses and bought a bunch of them. I got a shirt too, but most were way too small. Apparently I would have been a giant in ancient tiki times, since "large" is actually something less than large today.

Joe

Large and in Charge - just the way you need to be! - JOE

thanks for heads up -

Thanks for the heads up, this is really close to me!

Booo-hoo :(

It'll be cleaned out by the time we arrive from England for a weekend in NYC 2-5 November ... other shopping tips welcomed, though!

And meet some of you at Otto's on 3 November surf night, I hope???

Liz & Chris

Absolutely - Nicole and I will be out for surf night at Ottos.

Don't know if you have spent time in NYC before, but let us know what other plans you have or if you need any other ideas for your visit. Several good cocktail bars popping up in Manhattan - some even adding various tiki drinks to their menus.

BTW - if the exchange rates hold up as they are, you're buying the mai tais!

Joe

Pages: 1 5 replies